“Nice room with a view”

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed on level thirty four 34 in March on business. Very nice room, nice bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and i had a good night's sleep. Good views to the south and west. Breakfast was good. Nice service. Good for a business trip. Express checkout means no fuss.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AngusandTricia C
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for posting your review about Hilton Sydney.

I appreciate your comments and we all hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sydney

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 7 nights on this Hilton. We used HH points for 4 nights! Check in was efficient and even though it was very early morning we got our room( very much appreciated after a very long flight). Executive room was modern and spacious.

Executive lounge was fine, as mentioned by another reviewer there is no variance in the food offered, too much when there for a longer stay!!

Breakfast in the Glass restaurant was exceptional! Never been exposed to such a range of food in a Hilton! Well done to all! Juliana was fantastic in dining room, she was front of house a very efficient employee who went the extra mail.

Near main attractions, shops and restaurants. Overall great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Elizabeth7

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and have taken your feedback on board. I have also passed on your kind compliments to Juliana, thank you.

I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

As with a few reviewers my husband and I took up the wotif mystery night, I was excited with the idea of staying at Hilton, it was on my wishlist.
Check in was a breeze, and we were happily upgraded to an executive room on level 38.
Room was clean and not too small, perfect for a night away.
On arrival we went down and to the executive lounge and had a lovely scone and cup of tea, feeling pretty spoilt at this stage. Before dinner we thought we would go and see what was on at the executive lounge as a pre-dinner treat, but we were told that we couldn't use the facilities as we were upgraded (now I see that another guest on the same deal was able to use the facilities, makes me feel even crappier about being turned away).
Room was quiet, but I must admit whilst walking back to our room we heard the couple in the room next to us, I'm glad I didn't have to face them at any point because boy would I be blushing!!!
Anyway, nice enough hotel, lovely dark room for sleeping. Would I stay again, not sure, being turned away from the lounge left a pretty bad taste in my mouth - I felt that it was a case of us being some plebs that were not worthy. Anyway onwards and upwards.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mixymouse

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Hilton Sydney.

I appreciate your feedback about your experience and was sorry to learn about the misunderstanding pertaining to the Executive Lounge access.

All Executive Rooms provide guests with Executive benefits which include access to the Executive Lounge, and I am uncertain as to the basis upon which you would have been turned away during your recent stay – We deeply regret any disappointment caused on this occasion and please feel free to contact us directly with your details, in order for our Front Office Manager to look into the matter further and ascertain how this miscommunication / confusion occurred.

Once again, thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My usual 'haunt' when in Sydney. Great location and most 'sights' are within walking distance, e.g. aquarium, Lindt, Circular Quay, Opera House, etc. Good clean room with good view toward the airport. Disappointed I was asked for an upgrade or if I wanted a newspaper but not a deal breaker.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just like the last reviewer we had the same special deal and had one night away from home in our Sydney as well. We were on the 25 floor on Sunday night and did not suffer the party noise as the other reviewer suffered. I can imagine the place "goes off " on Friday and Saturday being near the night spots, if I was 21 I would stay here too. Our room was a corner room with only one common wall to an apparently empty room so no noise EXCEPT the elephants in the room above or maybe they were pirates with wooden legs but luckily it did not last long at all abut 1r night and morning .The corner room had windows and views in both walls. Being at the end of the hall we had no passing guests and no lift noise- worth considering if your a light sleeper like me,
Maybe Mr Hilton could put in some thicker carpet and some rubber on the wardrobe doors and room doors.
Other wise it was really very nice for their basic room. Very clean modern and fancy (if you like a TV in your shower wall and motorised blinds) and not as small as another reviewer indicated.
The blinds were so good we dosed in until after 9.30am thinking it was 5am.
Surprising for and International Hotel the restaurant was CLOSED for Easter Sunday evening when we turned up with others at the door.
Luckily Darling Harbour is only 500m away but we had intended to dine in.
The Rocks area is about 1k away so it depends on what you want to do in Sydney when deciding on a Hotel.
I liked the herbal tea and decaf coffee and the 6 packets of UTH milk, sewing kit and hand lotion but was surprised no tooth brushes and tooth paste ...not that they really all should have to supply this stuff anyway but different to the last pace I stayed.
Parking under was convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback about your stay.

I was so glad to see that you enjoyed your overall experience at Hilton Sydney, however our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you as a result of the closure in Glass Brasserie on Easter Sunday.

Should you return to Hilton Sydney in future, we do offer a range of complimentary items (such as tooth brushes and toothpaste, razors etc) which can be obtained by simply calling MAGIC from your room phone; or alternatively these can be pre-ordered prior to your next stay, upon request and ready in your room for your arrival.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again at Hilton Sydney in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

So conveniently located in the heart of Sydney. Close to train, and so to be close Monorail. Walking distance to Circular Quay. Very close to shopping restaurants and much more. We had a lovely three day stay in luxury.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was glad to see that you had a great time at our hotel during your Easter weekend and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here for a work conference which was also held in the hotel. Very clean, efficient & impressive. Beds are comfortable, premisis feels modern and you have a good mix of bars to end the day either inside or on the deck.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for your feedback following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was delighted to see that you were pleased with your experience during your conference with us and I hope we will see you again soon, should your travels bring you back to Sydney.