Evidently the last reviewer (March 23) had a suite, because our room on the top floor (43rd) was pretty cramped - just about enough space to walk around the bed - and the bathroom was somewhat similar to the bathroom on a cruise ship. I wouldn't say the view was all that great either because the windows are narrow slits and nearby buildings even taller than the Hilton prevent you from seeing anything really interesting. Furthermore, I'm not so sure the location is all that great either, it's a significant walk to Darling Harbor (especially coming back uphill) and verging on a cab ride to Circular Quay. But that's enough 'winging', as they say.
Apart from those things the hotel is excellent. The executive lounge is great with a nice breakfast buffet and evening hors d'oeuvres and drinks - although the offerings are exactly the same every day (there should be a rotation or change every day or two). The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. Before our arrival the concierge called around to find out where we could get certain specialty food items. We mentioned we were celebrating a birthday and a balloon and chocolates were waiting in the room. Also, the Marble Bar below the lobby is an astonishing and unexpected gem. The entire room, which was disassembled from its original 19th C. location and moved here, is lavishly carved multi-colored marble. It's like something out of a museum or historic mansion. Really incredible - and the drink prices are remarkably reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney