“Lacks atmosphere and the wow factor” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Sydney

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #36 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Lacks atmosphere and the wow factor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Checked in for one night and was informed that I had been upgraded to a deluxe room.
The room was clean, well appointed yet somewhat sterile.
The TV was small and dated. Bed was comfortable. I chose not to use internet based on price. ( I can get a month of unlimited download at home for the same that you would pay for a day)

I did ring and ask for a contour pillow and was abruptly told that they don't have them. I wasn't offered an alternative.

The breakfast ordering menu doesn't have prices on it so there's no way of telling what it's going to cost. Instead I used the express cafe in the lobby which turned out to be ideal.

Couldn't see a mini bar price list and with an automated billing service for anything removed from the fridge I decided to give it a wide berth.

Bathroom was compact.

On the plus side, it's in a good location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am sorry that you experienced some disappointments with regards to our service and have taken your feedback on board.

However, please be advised our breakfast menus do include pricing therefore should you wish to provide further detail about your breakfast experience, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that we can have a clearer understand of the situation.
For future reference as well, our Minibar menus are located above the fridge cabinet, on the tea & coffee counter.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Sydney in future.

Michael Bourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have commenced travelling for our company on a regular basis now and in fact every week for the past two months to Sydney.
I thought it would be good to take my wife with me as on this occassion I was staying at the Sydney Hilton (HELL). on arrival at night in the rain we were greeted by the Rain ONLY the door perosn wanted to stay dry. my wife struggled with three bags whislt i was paying the cab driver absolutly no help from the foor person until we got inside the door of the HELL and then was asked if they could help.
Upon reaching the desk i was greeted by an abrupt and rude front office desk person throwing my HH card back at me, interesting concept in deed.
then because we had the audacity to complain we the next day our pillows were changed and with that came the stench that the pillows were strait from the sewer unable to sleep on them we requested new ones with the levely hlousekeeping person explaining that it was not her that did it. the inference that can be drawn form this is if you caomplain at the HILTON HELL Sydney you can expect soem fomr of reprisal to happen.
Hitlon has now lost all our business and infact lost in the last month around $10k in business asa direct rresult of this. do they care about customers not in the slitest
If hyou stay at this Hotel just be awear of the type of treatment you can expect if things are not quite right this should be a 1 star hotel as 2and 3 star hotels i have stayed at have presented and provided better service

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone if you wish to have a great stay in Sydney.
there are other hotels in close proximity that provide better and service at a comparible price.

Room Tip: Business Suites Are supposed be the best that includes breakfast and Drinks on the Business floor bu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank travelercryx
Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I have noted your comments and reviewed this with the team; and we would greatly appreciate if you can contact us directly to discuss the matter further.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

took my Girl freind here for our 1 Year Anniversary and the building is beautiful service immaculate, room clean neat but a little small, service was just perfect, staff professional but can i say that the price prohibative for me i only spent 1 night here. the location was great and its in the middle of Sydney CBD minutes to any where in Sydney the rocks opera house harbour bridge town hall and the shopping is just around the corner great location. Breakfast was supurb

Room Tip: ask for a room on the highest floor with views of the city
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon at Hilton Sydney.

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

High standard of cleanliness and good location. Staff were mostly friendly, but for one rude notable lady on check-in. Internet is priced as a rip-off rather than included, be sure to factor it into the room price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your overall experience at Hilton Sydney. However, since we continually strive to deliver exceptional service to our guests, I would greatly appreciate any further feedback you may wish to provide about your check-in experience, should you be happy to contact us directly.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we will serve you again soon in the near future.

Auckland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights for a business conference. Unfortunately, the stench of stale cigarette smoke in my room coloured my experience of the weekend. When I asked about this, I was assurred that the room had never been a smoking room, and that I could not be moved due to the hotel being full (fair enough, it was also Mardi Gras weekend), but there was an offer of an ozone machine. Thankfully I didn't need to spend much time in the room, but drying myself with towels that smell like cigarettes was a definite low-point.

Otherwise, the conference facilities and public areas are good, as is the central location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

Whilst I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our facilities and location, I have also noted your comments regarding the condition of your room during your stay, for which we deeply apologise and regret any inconvenience caused. I can understand your frustration about the situation and we are currently doing all we can to prevent any such occurrences within non-smoking guestrooms, including heavy penalties for those smoking in non-smoking rooms.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Sydney in future, for a more pleasant experience.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Ive stayed at the Hilton on 3 separate occasions in the last 2 years largely on business and unfortunately it gets worse with each occasion. The rooms are tiny, dated, there's poor ventilation and on two occasions I had a room with a shower curtain! There was also a lava lamp-like thing in the room filling up the already cramped space. Urgh. Perhaps the executive floors are better so that might be your best bet if you're considering this hotel.

That being said, the service is reasonably friendly, the room service prompt and housekeeping was very accommodating. It's great in terms of location.

Have stayed at Four Seasons, Westin, Swisshotel, Sir Stamford and by far Hilton is the worst of these particular 4-5* selections selections.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback about your previous stays at Hilton Sydney.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the quality of your guestroom during your stay. However, I am pleased to inform you that we have since renovated these room types since your last visit; and I am confident you will enjoy our newly refurbished guest rooms on your next visit.

We appreciate your comments and feedback, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Sydney in future.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here for the city to surf in August 2012. This hotel is in a great location with the Town Hall train station a short walk away. Would happily stay here again - rooms are great and staff helpful -great location for the city to surf start as its about a 5min walk

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to see that you were pleased with our location and service during your stay for the City2Surf.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again this year.