“If $7.50 small water and $65 car park and small rooms is'nt bad enough!”
Review of Hilton Sydney

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #40 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Firstly do not drive to this hotel. Access is like some kind of sanity test and if you are travelling north on George st, expect to drive another 15 mins.negotiating a series of one way streets to finally arrive back entrance. Honeymoon already a disaster! to park is $65. Around that area its expensive everywhere. We arrived on a Sunday and they are offering a special deal on late check outs (selling room twice in 24 hours) and we (and everyone else) was told 3 pm is best can do. Out into traffic again but only after a 15 min wait to retrieve our car from the bowels of the place. Once finally into room. - its small and very average. Nothing at all to recommend it except lots of nice bed linen. However they kindly placed us next to service stairs (big clunks throughout night) and the worse LIFT noises i have ever heard. Imaging sleeping next to a an airport. Very similiar to jet sounds - ascending/descending 6 lifts x 48 floors. Really - dont bother. You can do much better elsewhere. They are living off the name..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank markcg
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was very sorry to learn that your stay was disappointing on this occasion, starting with your arrival experience. We do understand that it can be tricky to find the entrance if driving to Hilton Sydney and navigating these one way roads in the vicinity. Therefore to assist the journey for our guests arriving by car, we have placed as much information as possible on our website which provides details about our location and of Secure Car park, which I hope can be helpful if returning by car in future.

However, we sincerely regret any inconvenience or disruption caused to you by way of the noisy elevators during your stay and I have also shared your feedback with our Chief Engineer accordingly. Should you wish to discuss these matters further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at Hilton Sydney.

Again, thank you for your comments; and I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Sydney and provide you with an experience which is memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for a vacation visit to Sydney. Great location on George St just next to Queen Victoria Mall, and 5 min walk to Harborside and 2 min to the Sky Tower. Executive King was on the small side, but everything was fine and worked. Concierge set up a tour for us without a problem, and they also delivered a small refrigerator for our use. A little expensive, but everything is expensive in Sydney!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Many thanks for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Sydney and I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again during your next trip to this wonderful city.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I happened to visit Sydney on the 15th Feb. 2013. I stayed at the hilton hotel in George Street Sydney. My stay was most enjoyable. I was in Sydney to Visit a show at the Opera house. Yes Prime Minister. Most enjoyable. I had a wonderful night. Laughed a great deal. Would recommedanyone to see the show it was fabulous.
I am going back to the Hilton on Friday night the 1st March. I am off to see Driving Miss Daisy at the Royal Theatre. It should be another weekend of enjoyment.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay at Hilton Sydney.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for a birthday weekend - so naturally there were the lovely birthday wishes, balloons, chocolates from the hotel, I say naturally, but it isn't a given at all hotels. This, after our quick and easy checkin started our weekend off to a brilliant start.
Beds were wonderful!
The rooms are a little on a smaller side, but with so much to do and the Executive Lounge, you really aren't spending that much time in the room.
The Executive Lounge is okay, not brilliant. It certainly doesn't have the same "feel" as others, but is nice for a relax and a cheeky wine.
Staff were incredibly friendly, always greeting and enquiring about our stay whenever we ran into one.
Brekky in Glass was enjoyable - nice that they actually made Eggs Benedict to order vs just poaching the eggs onto toasted muffins with a side of hollandaise as a couple of other Hiltons do.
Unfortunately the bill was a little messed up, but that was quickly fixed, and they misplaced one of our bags that we left with the concierge (was found while we waited in the taxi).
Late checkout was bliss on a rainy day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you very much for posting your feedback about your recent visit to Hilton Sydney.

I am delighted you enjoyed some of our ‘special touches’ for your celebratory stay and that you were pleased with our overall friendly service.

However, I do apologise for the inconvenience of the service breakdowns you encountered by way of your missing luggage and incorrect billing. I have shared your feedback with my management team as well to ensure we are delivering the exceptional service and guest experiences that the Hilton brand promises to our valued guests.

Once again I appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney on future stays.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We recently stayed at The Hilton in Sydney as a last minute romantic getaway for four nights. Although the hotel is not located near water,it is nonetheless located on prime Sydney real estate. We arrived at just after midday and although our room was not ready, we left our baggage with the friendly concierge who swiftly took our valuable to secure storage until our room was ready. As we had booked an Executive King Room, we made our way up to the Executive Lounge where we refreshed ourselves with drinks like coffee and sparkling water whilst enjoying the magnificent views of Australia's largest and most well know metropolis. Staring right back at us from the windows was Centrepoint Tower, I mean the AMP Tower, Ooops Westfield Tower (this tower has had more name changes than an Oxford Street draq queen) the QVB and Darling Harbour. When our room was ready, we were pleased to see that we had views of the Westfield Tower still. The room, at 28 square metres, was a little on the small side for a four night stay, but was nonetheless very clean, luxurious enough and comfortable. Not a peek a light could get through the electric blinds once they were down - if I was by myself I would have though that I was in solitary confinement at Alcatraz Prison. The Exec Lounge was alright for canapes and the free drinks that are put on every night (wine and some basic cocktails) were sufficient. The breakfast was alright for a quick nibble as well - nothing too special. The lobby of the hotel was quite nice and The Marble Bar under the hotel was fantastic, albeit, very pricey, but hey, if you're staying at The Hilton, then you can afford $25 cocktails, right darlink?! The best thing about The Hilton in my opinion was the gym and the pool - both of which were fantastic. The gym had ultra modern equipment and was great for working off those excess holiday calories and getting you in a good mood for the evening ahead, be it whatever you may have in store. The pool was also great for doing laps. The spa pool was relaxing and there were three different types of steam rooms - all with a different theme. The staff were all very friendly, accommodating and professional. There was no free wifi in the room, which was not a problem as I tethered off my iPhone, but if I was an international guest I would have been pretty miffed off at having to fork out extra $ for a service that most westerners have come to expect for free. Would I stay at The Hilton again? Yes, but only after doing the rounds of all other 5 stars hotels in this alpha city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your positive review about your experience at Hilton Sydney.

We are indeed very privileged to be so centrally located in the city and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and I trust we will have the pleasure of serving you again at Hilton Sydney in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel last time we went to Sydney, The overall stay was nice, however the rooms and corridors need updating, its quite old style, bathrooms are fine just the bedroom furniture was old looking like it had been bashed around a bit. Still good but seeing the lobby make u wonder why the rooms are not as nice. Anyways the service and food was great. there is also a really nice bar next door to the hotel, Its called the marble bar.. Its really awesome, all made from marble and its just a cool place to have a drink, ages of people who go there range between late 20s up. so the hotel itself is right next to it so its handy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback which we greatly appreciate.

I have taken your comments on board and was also pleased to see that you enjoyed visiting our beautifully ornate Marble Bar during your stay.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Sydney at some stage in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night on the tail-end of a vacation.

Check-in was a breeze, the gentleman at the counter apologised for not having a room ready for me (it was only 1030am so that was expected) but invited me to wait in the executive lounge if I wanted to. I finally managed to check in at 1pm, and when I got to my room, my bags were already there.

The room itself is quite ok, not particularly big, but comfortable enough for two people. The double bed though is made up of two single beds joined together (though the linen is thick and comfortable enough that you don't notice this). Bathroom is spacious (separate shower and bathtub areas). The TV is about 26" and could be bigger.

Location is excellent. The hotel is right next to Town Hall station, which brings you to most parts of Sydney you'd want to visit. The hotel is smack in the center of the CBD area and is a short 10 min walk to Chinatown, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay and Oxford Street.

Overall this was a great stay. The only downside is the price of course!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback with us and I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again very soon.