Ever see the expression "so small you couldn't swing a cat"? Well, this hotel, after "extensive" remodeling and "upgrading" has rooms that can not accomodate the swinging of a baby kitten. Oddly--and I do mean very oddly--the rooms have a king bed, which is nice, but the room is tiny, and in the middle of it is a massive glass desk that occupies half the avaialble space. Why? We could not figure it out. We had 2 drawers for clothing, and at home we have cutlery drawers larger than the clothing drawers in room 2610. We had trouble storing our suitcases and we could not unpack because there is nowhere to unpack and put things that do not hang. We called and begged for a medium-sized cat room, but alas, only if we paid an extra (discounted, apparently) $250 per night could we have a small suite. We did not need a suite--just a normal room, like the Hilton on the Park in Melbourne. No such luck. The location is terrific, in the middle of the CBD, across from the Queen Victoria Arcade/Shops on George Street. Very good spot, nice staff, but oh the rooms are very small. Of particular note as an added irritation is the notice that if one touches or moves anything in the refrigerator, Hilton will charge you. So, we called to say we would be putting wine and chese in there and to please not charge us for moving the Coke cans and beer. Their suggestion? They told me that they would bring a portable refrigerator to the room for that purpose. Now this is a room that is already size-challenged, and now we are going to have a portable compressor running in the room? They finally saw the sense of ignoring that I moved the cheese.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney