“Amazing....”

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #41 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in August last year. Everything was fantastic.
Worst thing was that I fell in love with the toiletries and we can't get them in New Zealand....

The room is impeccable, and the staff were very friendly.

Thank you for such an amazing stay for my first time in Sydney.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Hilton Sydney, and we look forward to welcoming you back, the next time your travels bring you this way.

Michael Bourne

Write a ReviewReviews (4,636)

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton last week and took the train to the city. Town Hall station is across the street and the location of the hotel allows you to wheel your bag through the QVB and up the escalator to the hotel. This was convenience plus as we didnt have to pay for parking. As others have said this is a terrific mid city location, good for shopping, Darling Harbour is close by and we walked to the Opera House to see a show. Small but comfortable rooms. We asked about any deals for breakfast as the Glass brasserie is lovely. Had a buffet breakfast for $29.00 each ($10 off the normal price so it pays to ask!) which included coffees made to order. This was expensive but very convenient. Great views of the QVB Sydney sandstome facade from the breakfast room.
We have stayed at the Hilton before and will do so again.

Room Tip: Ask about a discount for breakfast. They will offer a deal if you purchase breakfast the day before.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at Hilton Sdyney, including our buffet breakfast which offers quite a spread.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

On a stopover from central Australia to London I stayed for a couple of nights at the Hilton Hotel in Sydney. I chose the Hilton not only for its comfort and good beds, but for its convenient location right in the middle of Sydney. I was glad I did because it is so close to everything. Just walk out the front door and there is central Sydney with all the best shops nearby and Chinatown not far down the road. A pleasant city walk took me to the Royal Botanic Gardens, Opera House and Sydney Cove, where I took ferry rides across Sydney Harbour. The Hilton is located very close to Town Hall and Wynyard railway stations, which are on the direct line to the Airport - another drawcard. My bedroom was very stylish indeed, with a beautiful comfortable bed and the best feather doona ever - just the right weight. I loved the window dressings as well, they were opaque sliding panels that could be adjusted to let in my preferred amount of light. There was a great view of the city as well. The room was very comfortable and of the highest standards of cleanliness, comfort and quiet. The breakfast restaurant was obviously a great favourite of Sydneysiders and I enjoyed my breakfast with great coffee. I'll definitely stay here again when next in Sydney. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda R

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was glad to see you had a wonderful stay and we all look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel just gets it right over and over.
I've stayed here a few times and always have a lovely, clean room, comfy bed and a true 5 star experience. Rooms are comfortable contemporary with everything you need.
We upgraded to a Deluxe room this time in order to check in early. Probably not worth the extra $60 but we needed to sleep after a flight from LA.
The Marble Bar is amazing. Location right in town, waking distance to everything. Express check out is a breeze.
Parking very expensive and complicated but apart from that this hotel just knows what they're doing. Stay here if you want a guaranteed quiet night in a real hotel.

Room Tip: We upgraded for $60 to a high floor on the corner. Great city views and totally silent.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your comments and hope you will visit us again at Hilton Sydney, sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a visit to my homeland.

Checked in on NYD and the hotel was at full occupancy this previous night, hence i was unable to check in at 10am. Was told they would call me when room was ready and the bell boy took the bags.

It wasn't a big deal but the hotel never ended up calling me. By the time I returned to the hotel, it was already 10pm and my bags were in the room.

Pros
- Conveniently located in the heart of CBD, you cannot beat its location
- Good sized rooms- value for money
- Rooms were modern and excellent amenities

Cons
- Im pretty tech savvy but the room's high tech telephone was extremely hard to navigate
- Room service prices- A$20+ for a meat pie that was soggy?!?! Surely you can do better if you are going to charge that money. Overall room service prices were very expensive.
- Parking fees were expensive- it was 25% of my room rate
- I was unlucky to have a room on the same floor as flight crew who were noisy coming in/ out wee hours of morning.

Room Tip: Park on the street for free if you park late at night and leave by 6am
Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

Whilst I am pleased you enjoyed our location and facilities, I was sorry to learn of your disappointing service experience during your stay.

Please rest assured your feedback has been taken on board and discussed with the Department Managers concerned, in order to avoid any such repetition in future, as we strive to deliver the highest standard of service.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I do hope we will have the privilege of serving you again at Hilton Sydney in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

What can I say? The staff are very warm, the rooms well appointed, the lobby cafe makes good coffee.

I went to the Hilton via a mystery hotel promotion so I paid a very good price for 5 star.

The rooms are relatively small but staying at the Hilton is about spending time in the city as far as I am concerned.

The sound proofing was great in my room (L26). The bed is comfortable, the shower is good (with a TV for those that can't leave the box behind), the lighting is pleasant, there are block out shutters.

I was given free wifi. There is a gym and pool which I didn't use but they looked nice enough.

The Hilton has a 'business-y' feel about it but that is what I expected, There was a desk and chair for working in the room.

I didn't go to marble bar but I've heard of it - sounds nice

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our facilities and service during your stay; and I hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again at Hilton Sydney, perhaps next time in Marble Bar.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Recently stayed for for two nights during the early jan. Room was clean (3003) has everything as you would expect with five star service. Room had motorised blinds which I have never seen before.
Once blinds were down room is quite dark so good to sleep if you are going to experience jet lag.
We booked at the last minute and got the room for about $190 is a bargain on the hiltons own website. Location is marvellous with QVB opposite and two supermarkets with 3min walk so if you need anyhting you are well suited. Check in and out was hassle free with professional staff.
Turn down service was good and daily cleaning was good. Had two single beds made into one queen/king that was the only downside but that is nothing major. If this is the worst part of your holiday its nothing major.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for sending us your feedback about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

It was a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your visit to Hilton Sydney and I hope we will see you again in the not too distant future.