“Hilton..still charging for WIFI!”
Review of Hilton Sydney

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Located 20 minutes walk from Circular Quay and 10 minutes from Darling Harbour, so this hotel is central for most tourist spots. Cant understand why they charge for WIFI in your room, to use WIFI free you have to sit in the lobby, along with all the other guest! Headed out the hotel for a walk at night, heading towards City Hall, not really a nice area, in fact I would not recommend heading out on your own, quite scarry at times, something that you would not expect in a city centre. We also went to Brisbane, the difference between the two citys regarding cleanliness etc was day and night, did not see any people sleeping rough as, you do in Sydney.

Try the Strike Bar in Darling Harbour, Happy Hours prices are excellent and in a great loaction, just round the corner from the Aquarium.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for your review about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am pleased you enjoyed our location and we hope to see you again at some stage in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sydney

Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a fabulous hotel in many aspects:
- central location to the underground and shopping, and you can walk to everywhere in the city!
- excellent executive bar offering delicious complimentary tapas and drinks during the early evening
- modern, clean and comfortable room (I always look forward to coming back to the room)
- possibly the best breakfast in town!!!

This hotel is great for leisure and work visitors. My partner loves the work desk space while I love chilling on the bed relaxing. The only slightly negative thing is that there wasn't a variety of tv channels to choose from. Other than that, I am extremely happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your time taken to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay.

I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future at Hilton Sydney.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Very disappointed having paid top dollar, staying on 31st floor and can hear the nightclub from level 4!!! Called reception and was offered ear plugs! Seriously. Get your act together if you're going to charge that much at least be prepared to offer a sound nights sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Ditommac

Thank you for your review following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

Our sincere apologies for any disruption or inconvenience caused as a result of the noise you experienced from one of the bars . Please be assured I have shared your feedback with the relevant Managers to monitor the level of sound travelling up the tower, going forward; and again our deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused on this occasion – We do appreciate your feedback.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney in the near future.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

As the title suggests, it was bit on the small side. Supposedly I was upgraded, but to what i'm not really sure. Maybe it was the view, which due to it's location was OK. I don't think there are many good views.
While I only had 2 nights, the staff that I dealt with were very nice and always eager to help. The included Breakfast was OK. Even though i was there about half an hour after it opened, the food was on the cool side. Other than that, it was standard.
The room was a bit smaller than other Hiltons i've stayed in, but that basically comes to it being located in Sydney where space is at a premium. I do think i was spoiled by staying In the Hiton in Beijing though.
The location was excellent and I just walked pretty much everywhere. Mind you, i'm still young and I like to walk around. There are many other hotels closer to the main sites such as the Rocks but they come with a premium.
Would I stay there again, I certainly would. Nothing wrong with it. A few drawbacks of course, but overall, I was happy.
Oh, one more thing, the mini bar issue that most have talked about. Every item is electronically tagged and as soon as you take something out, you are charged. Basically don't take things out, if you are not going to consume them. There are plenty of signs telling you this, so don't complain if you can't read. While yes the mini bar is expensive and I reall don't understand why, i'm sure some will use it. I didn't. Just bought a bottle of wine at a bottle shop and that did me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I greatly appreciate your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your overall experience.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is an excellent hotel that has seen it's price/night steadily increase over the past 3 years. I have stayed here over 10 times in the past three years while on business. The hotel is very good. Here is a summary of the good and the bad:

Good:

- very clean
- very professional service
- great CBD location
- amazing breakfast in Glass
- excellent bathrooms (excellent!!)
- Very good cocktail bar/lounge

Bad:

- hate that the beds in the executive rooms are really two mattresses pushed together
- hate the steady increase in cost/night over the past years, it is a valuable hotel
- the Magic (central call center) system is a nuisance

15 minute walk to Circular Quai (Opera House)
10 minute walk to Darling Harbour
10 minute walk to China Town
25 minute walk to Taylor Square

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for your detailed review following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

We have taken your helpful feedback and comments on board and I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I was feeling very tired and a bit stressed after a eventful day
the checkin was very fast and friendly
My room was very nice clean with great views of the city centre
After a relaxing hot bath I was ready for the heavenly pillows and now
All ready for a new day

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay.

I am delighted you had a restful and relaxing experience with us at Hilton Sydney and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was our first stop on out 3 week long honeymoon and the Hilton was a great place to stay. Th staff was always willing to help us out with bookings and finding us restaurants. The room was very nice and the location in town was great! Easy to walk to all shopping, restaurants and th ferries.

The only thing that I found a bit odd was that they charged $1 each for making a phone call for us at the concierge desk. Even just to make a restaurant reservation.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review following your experience at Hilton Sydney.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us; however, I was concerned to learn that you were charged for Concierge services. Our Concierge and Bell Desk teams do not charge for their services at Hilton Sydney and I would greatly appreciate any further detail and insight you can share on the matter, should you wish to contact us directly at the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.