Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$148
Hotels.com$148
Priceline$148
Orbitz.com$148
Travelocity$148
Destinia.com$153
5,602 results
All reviews the executive lounge glass brasserie relaxation suite diamond members queen victoria building pillow menu george street standard room mini bar buffet breakfast central location darling harbour corner room an upgrade the heart of the city early check hyde park
Selected filters
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for just one night recently and were impressed. From the ease of parking to the attentiveness of the check-in staff as well as its central location, we could not fault it.

We stayed in a king room which was on the smaller size compared to our stays in Sydney at the Swissotel, Sheraton on the Park and Intercontinental but the room was comfortable and the shower even had Aquavision! The corridors were a little on the narrow size so we dod hear our neighbours from time to time.

The pool, spa and fitness area was second to none.

The staff on check-in accommodated us with a microwave as I needed to warm up a heat pack due to a neck injury and this was most appreciated. We would definitely return.

Room tip: Possibly go for a room the next size up from a king room.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your review on Hilton Sydney.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall experience and we hope to serve you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Following on from my stay at Hilton New York last month it would seem Hilton Sydney is going for that same run of the mill experience that New York offered.

As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member I was given an "upgrade" to an Executive Club Room which was pokey and although "modern" more resembled a Holiday Inn room than what I expected to find at a Hilton.

The bathroom was awkward with little room to maneuver and although offering a stand alone shower, was clear the bath took up so much room that it left little for the shower or rest of the bathroom.

The TV was too small for a room of this "standard" and offered a very poor selection of channels (no pay-TV and only a small selection of Free to Air Channels), the remote was difficult to use and ended up being more trouble than it was worth so was switched off.

The service was okay, great from some, average from others and found it disappointing that despite being addressed by my name at other properties when calling their central "magic" phone line, there was none of that here (not that I expect it, it's just a nice touch).

Their service really let them down, with our car not being ready when needed despite giving ample warning (it was admitted it wasn't even called for despite us calling their central phone line) and their "VIP" Amenity being pretty bland.

Location wise this hotel is great, it's in a great spot, and if they can iron out some of the issues experienced at a service and product offering level, this would be a fantastic hotel...as it is I can only judge it on my one and only stay and was neither overwhelmed nor underwhelmed, I guess I was just whelmed.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am very disappointed by your comments and apologise sincerely for the inconvenience and disappointment caused to you as a result of what appears to have been miscommunication from our Magic department, and a system breakdown regarding the delivery of your water and a welcome gift.

I assure you the matters raised have been investigated in detail with the team members involved, their supervisors and our Director of Operations.

As a HHonors Diamond guest we highly value your support of Hilton Sydney and Hilton generally; and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon for a stay which is memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hilton clearly had a very high expectation to meet for me being what it represented among luxury hotels and as such I am disappointed to report the standard king-bed guest room I stayed was just on par (NOTE: among 5-star hotels that is) and had nothing spectacular.

Firstly, there was confusion in the parking arrangement the hotel offers. Being in what must have been the busiest part of the CBD, car park is hard to come by, and I would appreciate the website detailing exactly what the valet parking would be. It now became clear to me that if you left the car at the hotel drop-off area (to be greeted by the porter on the ground), you would be charged hotel valet fee. If you drive into the underground carpark, the carpark staff would still park the car for you but you would not be charged for valet parking but the discounted fee. The arrangement wasn't bad, but not knowing that the actual carpark functions on its own, separated from the hotel itself, I was expecting help with luggage at the carpark and shocked to find none. Oh well...

Secondly, there was confusion about the room pricing. I am still not quite sure why I had to pay for an extra guest/bedding arrangement for just the two of us (two adults) in a room with a pre-arranged king bed.

Thirdly, the size of the room was rather small (smaller than I've expected at least) and on Lvl 23, siren from police/ambulance on street level could still be heard unfortunately.

Complaints aside, the facility was very modern and very clean, and the bedding/lighting was exceptionally comfortable. The shower was also very modern and well-designed; the TV set on the wall in the shower was non-functional, otherwise the shower I took there would have been the most interesting one I've ever taken. The location was definitely second to none, I can see QVB from my room and Sydney Tower/Westfield at the backdoor of the hotel; the monorail stations are very very close by also.

Would I return? Maybe I would try other 5-star hotels (many to choose from in Sydney CBD alone) instead next time. Being what it is, Hilton Sydney has very little value for money apart from the location it offers.

Room tip: King-bed room is still quite small, considering the hotel being 5-star and the price it charges.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to learn that you experienced some confusion surrounding the car park situation, as our Hilton Sydney website provides quite a specific overview of the options available. Our Valet service incorporates the collection of your luggage on arrival at the hotel driveway and our porters would then proceed to park your car; whereas the Self Park option involves direct entry into Secure Car Park without assistance from our staff. However, we do appreciate your feedback which enables us to monitor our guests’ experience.

In relation to the room charge, our room rates are based on occupancy levels, which is common industry practice within Hilton hotels and we sincerely regret any confusion or misunderstanding that may have occurred with regards to this.

However, I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the overall facility and our location.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Sydney in future.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel has been extensively renovated since my last stay - many years ago. The rooms are lovely, the staff pleasant, and the catering appetising.
The hotel has two street frontage with Pitt St taking - close to the mall and George Street entrance directly opposite Queen Victoria Building.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I appreciate your review and am glad you enjoyed our facility and services during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed for 1 night before our cruise in Sydney. This hotel is in a fabulous location in the heart of the city. As a Diamond member we were upgraded to a Suite which was just beautiful and so comfortable. The windows have electric shutters to block out the light which is very important for me, the bathroom was huge with seperate sinks and sunken bath and plasma. The executive lounge was excellent, king prawns and Sydney rock oysters...perfect. the check in and check out was fast and efficient as was all the service. I would definately stay at this hotel again in the future and highly recommend it.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us following your visit to Hilton Sydney.

It is wonderful to see that you were pleased with your experience at our hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.