WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #34 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Thailand
“A good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The only thing I can fault is the price but that seems to be the way in Australia. Everything is crazy expensive.

Excellent service, comfortable bed, staff were great. No complaints at all. I didn't eat at the hotel but the concierge gave me an awesome restaurant recommendation. This hotel is right in the middle of town so easy to wander around.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I appreciate your review following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience and I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Michael Bourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Located smack in the centre of the metropolis makes this a good choice. One can easily walk to all the mayor attractions of this great city. Otherwise, it is a fairly ordinary and somewhat expensive hotel. Would not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was pleased to see that you would choose our hotel again and we look forward to welcoming you back, the next time your travels bring you to the area.

United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Normall when in Sydney I stay at the Intercontinental but this time it was fully booked. I was therefore booked into the Hilton on George Street. The Hilton is slap bang in the middle of the shopping district opposite Queen Victoria Mall. I found the room to be quite small and the bathroom was also small although the walk-in shower was spacious. The TV in the shower did not work however and the diverter valve for the rain shower did not work properly so the hand held shower gave better performance. The breakfast in the Glass Brasserie was however very good with a good selection and the service staff were courteous and helpful if not a little slow on deliver of coffee. For the price, the Intercontinental is a better option in my view. I also still not understand why, hotels charging top dollar insist on charging (a) for internet and (b) for bottled water. In this day and age this is quite ridiculous.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AgedMan
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I have taken your comments on board and appreciate your feedback, following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I do hope we will have another opportunity to serve you again at some stage in the near future.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I travel to Sydney regularly for work, but had never stayed at the Sydney Hilton before.

Only stayed here one night, but what a great hotel.

The staff were exceptionally polite and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble.

The room was very modern and well fit out.

The breakfast in the Glass restaurant was fantastic too. Normally, I can't stand any sort of hotel buffet, but this was great.

Without a doubt, my new Sydney hotel of choice.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

We continually strive to deliver the highest standard of service and I was pleased to learn that our hotel is your preferred choice of accommodation.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Sydney Saturday 24th Nov,well located within walking distance to everything in the CBD,staff were fantastic and very helpful.
Hotel rooms were small and very overpriced
Buffet breakfast - one of the best available
Parking - what a rip off

Still can't beat Sir Stamford Circular Quay for quality and service

Room Tip: Dont swing your arms you may hit the walls
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CornwellAustralia
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

The most appalling service and treatment. no value for money, horrible , unpleasant and inflexible staff! when i complained to counter staff that I was disappointed by the service they just said ' oh we r sorry you feel that way'. One night as I was leaving business center form my room, a woman calling herself security' was extremely rude to me and even when I told her I am hotel guest she did not apologize instead kept fighting. This hotel should close down at least should downgrade itself to 3 star and stop fooling the guests! To top it all they keep a pathetic tv with the picture jumping and remote controls not working. I have been staying at Hilton hotels before, my last stay was at Phuket in April 2012. However this visit November 2012 at Hilton Sydney shall be my last at any Hilton hotel worldwide ever! People please be aware before you plunge your money. My holiday was spoiled! I even left my comments in my room but no one even bothered to reply to those comments or apologize as to the horrible treatment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank saima77
Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was very sorry to learn that you did not have a pleasing experience during your stay - I would invite you to contact us directly at the hotel so that we can look into your feedback in further detail and this will enable us to provide you with a personalised response to your concerns.

We sincerely regret any disappointment caused on this occasion and I do hope to hear from you soon.

ACT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I loved this. I got an unexpected uplift - for a really good price, and the room was... to be honest - sinful in size... with Bedroom separate to Living area, effectively a whole end of the building. I didn't expect that, and the price paid was outstanding for this. I found the place extremely comfortable, modern and it was exactly what I needed to set the right tone on some business meetings too - that I held 'without reservations' in my uplifted room... I want to go back and stay there again.
Only minor gripe was that the TV in the bathroom didn't seem to work, all the remotes I had to get functioning by combining batteries... :-) I can live with that.

Room Tip: Well, the adage of "Get what you pay for" does apply, although if you can get lucky, and g...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay in our hotel and appreciate your comments.

However, we deeply regret any inconvenience caused as a result of the malfunctioning television and remote controls in your room, and I have relayed your valuable feedback to our Housekeeping department to ensure extra vigilance with these checks.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.