We spent one night here recently when in Sydney and our usual hotel (Four Seasons) was fully booked.
The hotel and rooms were generally nice, the room well furnished and very modern though a bit small for this standard of hotel. The designers had fallen into a trap common in many modern hotels and made the walls separating the bathroom from the bedroom from frosted glass, this looks very trendy and modern during the day, however if like us you have two in the room, and someone goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night then turning on the bathroom light means lighting up the whole room and waking your partner. a small thing but annoying.
Our problems here really started on arrival, we arrived in our own car and found the driveway so congested it took a full twenty minutes to get into the drive. The second letdown came when the attendant took our car but offered no help with our luggage, leaving us to unload the boot ourselves and drag our bags into reception. On checking in we told the receptionist we were disappointed no one helped with the bags, she smiled, apologised then still offered no help and left us to lug our bags to the lift and our room. This lack of drive way service made the $60 a night charge for parking sting even further.
Our room rate included access to the executive club lounge, including happy hour with drinks and light food in the evening. The food was pretty good but the lounge very crowded with tables hard to come by. Worse was the bar, completely inadequate for the number of people and at all times had at least a ten to fifteen minute wait to get a drink. To be fair I think this lounge had only been open a few days and hopefully they will sort this out in time.
The real problem was that for the price we paid (over $400) for the night the service just was not good enough despite the nice surroundings, therefore the poor rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney