“They dont care...”

Ranked #37 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Curitiba, PR
“They dont care...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had booking a reservation with early chek in , when i arrived they dindt give the key , just keep telling me , wait a littlle bit .... waith more 20 minutes ... more 30 minutes ...
than after almost 2 hours I had to tell them how bad they were ...
the room wasent very clean even the other days .... the bed wasent a box , was a old box ....i had to ask every day for toillet things...at the concerniege , he didnt call me a taxi ....
Hilton , never again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SILTURCI9
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

As we continually strive to ensure our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, it was of course disappointing to learn that you did not have such an enjoyable or hassle-free experience at Hilton Sydney on this occasion.

I have shared your comments with our Management team; however I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact us directly with your details, enabling us to investigate these issues further and understand how this delay occurred during your check in, as well as the various other service breakdowns you mentioned.

We do apologise for any inconvenience or frustration caused on your recent stay; and I do hope to hear from you soon.

Michael Bourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a conference in Sydney in October and the Hilton was the conference venue, so we decided to stay there for the convenience. We upgraded to the Relaxation level because we were going to be there for six days. The Sydney Hilton was a most pleasant surprise. Our room was nice size, very comfortable, and included breakfast. The breakfast buffet was fantastic including omelette's made to order. The wait staff at the breakfast buffet was our first exposure to the outstanding service that prevails in this hotel. Everyone we dealt with was competent, courteous and anxious to assist us. The service at this Hilton is by far the best I have experienced at the many Hiltons I have stayed in. We also had an excellent dinner at the Glass Brasserie. Bottomline is that I would go back to this hotel anytime I have a need to be back in downtown Sydney.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

We are truly passionate about delivering exceptional service to our guests and I am delighted you enjoyed your experience with us!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean hotel, typical Hilton luxuries but the rooms are tiny! We stayed with 11month old baby and barely room for Porta-cot. Also had car and parking was shockingly expensive. Good if you are putting everything as a work expense and I was, but I wouldn't stay here for a purely personal family friendly hotel- many other opportunities in cbd. I would stay here again for work trips without family though.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room as they are much bigger
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Wendy U
Thank you for sharing your review with us.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney should you return to the area.

Adelaide
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I joined the HHonours club prior to booking; booked directly on the Hilton website and arrived late on a Friday night. Check in was easy. I was travelling with a girlfriend and we asked if she was on the same floor; they moved her to a room without a bathroom, not an issue until she got o her room, and found her bathroom door was a fire door that was noisy and clunky.
My room was spacious and well appointed; hers seemed basic by comparison. I chose to upgrade to the executive club and it included breakfast and drinks and canapés each evening; a great deal as it was.
The staff were excellent, every need was catered for. The buffet breakfast was excellent, yet a little slow on the Sunday (the crowds were huge)
I would happily go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your review about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was happy to see that you were most pleased with our overall facility and services. However, your comments pertaining to your friend's room are concerning to me and I would appreciate if you could kindly contact us directly at Hilton Sydney with more detail, affording us the opportunity to look into this further and determine exactly which room was provided.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It's been a very long time since I have stayed at the Hilton in Sydney, not since the early 1990's. The hotel has had a fantastic face-lift and the standard of the rooms is superb. It's a great location in down-town Sydney from where you can walk to everything.

• Stayed October 2012
We appreciate your feedback about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was glad to see you were pleased with the hotel's "face lift" throughout the buidling and we hope to see you again soon!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The Sydney Hilton sits in a great location for business or leisure travel. Having recently stayed at a range of other premium hotels in Sydney, the Hilton will be my choice on my next visit. The Relaxation Room was very well appointed and spacious, the Club Lounge well staffed and designed; the food in the Lounge, on par with the Hilton standard, was passable.
The attention to detail makes the Hilton well worth a look.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with us following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience in one of our fine Relaxation Rooms and we all look forward to the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Hilton is located in prime position located directly accross from Town Hall station, QVB and one block from Pitt Street Mall and the new shoppers haven of Westfield Sydney. On entry to the Hilton we were approached by the smiling staff who kindly took our luggage off our hands... and we hadn't even reached the front door yet!
After walking into the stylish modern foyer, I reached check-in and requested a high floor with view if available, the check-in staff were very accomodating and placed us on the second top floor with a free room upgrade. Our luggage was delivered to our room by the lovliest porter- he took me through all the bells and whistles of our room including: electric blinds, music box, Peter Thomas Roth bathroom accessories, the magic button and lighting. The pillows were so soft and gave us a pleasent sleep. On check-out there was a very long line... but there were complimentary gourmet cupcakes and newspapers to enjoy while we waited... Delicious!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with view if available... the lights at night are gorgeous!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheDreamKey
Thank you for your review.

I have shared your lovely comments with our friendly team and I hope you have the opportunity to return to Hilton Sydney when your travels next bring you to the area.