“Right in the heart of shopping heaven”
Review of Hilton Sydney

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #36 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Right in the heart of shopping heaven”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed over a weekend - we had one of the relaxation suites which has a spa bath as well as a separate sitting area. We had breakfast at the hotel - in the restaurant which has floor to ceiling wine cellars - amazing ambience. Great spread and friendly and attentive staff. At night it transforms into an award winning restaurant called Salt - by Luke Mangan. we did not eat here as we were told that it was not geared for kids. We had access to the executive lounge. The canapés in the evening were good and they have a good selection of drinks and make cocktails as well :)

The fitness club and spa/ pool area is also good. It's contracted to private providers so is big compared to normal hotel gyms. Loved the spa -
Great place for a weekend away. Also good for families - great location - right in the heart of the CBD. Seemed surreal - having breakfast on a Saturday morning overlooking the Queen Victoria Building with all the shopping crowds.
Highly recommended

• Stayed September 2012
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was delighted to read that your stay was most enjoyable - We appreciate your feedback and I hope to see you again soon!

Michael Bourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gisborne, NZ
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton as a sponsoring partner at a recent medical conference. We were quite disappointed (for $400/noc) in the room size. We could barely turn around. There was not a single drawer for clothing. The mini fridge was full (as usual) with expensive food; we had to take out stuff to put in a bottle of wine.

Internet was spotty and expensive. We had trouble accessing both WiFi and wired systems. Both were very expensive (55 cents/minuite, max $29/day). Perhaps that is why the lobby was always full of people doing internet homework. It's free in the lobby!

The food for breakfast (included with the room rate) was superlative. Fresh, complete, with a wide range of selection. The staff were attentive, friendly, and discreet.

The hotel is very centrally located. We probably could have done better, but it was definitely OK. I wouldn't go to great lengths to stay here again.

1 Thank Peter A
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay.

I am sorry that your experience at Hilton Sydney did not exceed your expectations and I have taken your comments on board.

Should you choose to return in future, you may prefer to stay in one of our luxurious Relaxation Rooms or Suites which are generously sized and are sure to impress.

Thank you once more for your feedback and I hope you will visit us again at some stage in the not too distant future.

Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had a one night stay here on a business trip to Sydney. From the outset, staff were excellent. Attentive, helpful and friendly. Facilities are great and rooms good. The bedding was excellent. Breakfast was first class.

The location is central and within easy walking distance of the great landmarks of the city.

It's pricey, but then it's a first class city centre hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed our facilities, services and location; and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Portugal

Very good hotel.
Nice bar at the lobby. Terrific sandwiches.
Service very attentive. Staff really makes you feel at home.
Internet in the rooms charged, and not always performing.
In the lobby, free internet with a few ocasional problems.
Location is right in the heart of the business district, next to town hall station (that connects with airport). You can walk to most of the main sites. 20 min walk to opera house.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hugamam
We appreciate your review following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

It was wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your stay and our helpful service. However, we sincerely regret any disruption you experienced to your internet connection - We have since changed our internet provider and I trust that on future stays, you will enjoy a smoother, problem-free connection.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again at Hilton Sydney in the not too distant future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I paid $350 for this room and was very disappointed. I was staying in Sydney for a special weekend and thought that the 5 star Hilton would be a pretty safe bet. Alas walking into the cramped room, told me that perhaps I made a mistake!

This was the one of the smallest rooms for the highest prices, I have ever stayed at.

The quality of the fittings and fixtures was good, not exceptional, but again this was another 5 star hotel with a crappy substandard 27" lcd tv. When will these morons learn that we stay at 5 star hotels to have an experience better than at home not worse!

Speaking of which, the service at the front desk was indifferent and when I pointed out that I had booked a king sized bed and receivied the dreaded "two singles pushed together", they could not care less. I dont mind this in a central Queensland hotel, but in the Sydney CBD, on a room I had booked a month earlier, it really pissed me off.

Finally, the breakfast was good in their bistro, and the service in the bistro was faultless. Overall the experience again at Hilton was pretty ordinary (Cairns displayed a similar indifference), and BTW beware the extortionate mini bar prices- $14 for nuts!!!!, $7.50 for a 200ml bottle of Coke- Hilton should be ashamed of these prices......

The hotel was good for $200 and 4 stars, not $350 and 5 stars....and I stay at alot of 5 star hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us following your experience at Hilton Sydney.

I was disapointed to learn that you were unhappy with various aspects of your stay - Please be assured your feedback has been taken on board and we appreciate your views as they enable us to monitor whether we are meeting our guests' expectations.

Thank you again for your time and I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Glass Brasserie, the next time your travels bring you to the area, to enjoy our wonderful Breakfast selection.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Contemporary hotel with all the usual features. Best features attentive and friendly door staff, and the bathroom. The shower was a standout with very fancy arrangements of shower heads. Not sure a shower needs a TV screen in it but I'm sure there are increasing numbers of people who find this necessary. Well appointed toiletries. Rest of the room high standard but usual hotel room stuff. Room moderately small but ok for overnight stay

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for review following your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your comments and I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon at Hilton Sydney.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was thrilled when I managed to get a good price to stay at the Hilton during my stay in Sydney and it was an excellent place to stay. I wish I could have lounged around more in their comfortable bed but I had a full itinerary!

It was clean, well kept and the service was excellent. When I came too early for my room to be ready and needed a place to freshen up, I was given access to the gym facilities so I could have a shower. When my room was ready, my bags were taken up for me. Altogether an excellent service from staff and an enjoyable stay.

The only negative was the sour girl at the desk where they were keeping my bags, but that was her own problem, not the Hilton's.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the time taken to share your feedback with us following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience at our hotel. However, please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional feedback regarding your unpleasant experience at the Bell Desk - Our sincere apologies for any disappointment caused, as this is not the level of service we pride ourselves on.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney soon.