I only had to spend one night in Sydney so I have decided to spend a bit more in a nice hotel. So I have picked Hilton for its brand and central location.
The hotel is very centrally located and within proximity of transport and food. The lobby is very nice, all staff I have encountered during my stay had been very professional and friendly, all requests were dealt with very quickly. Check in was very quick and opt for the express check out. The service of the staff provided are definitely of a 5 star hotel standard.
The room however, is less than a 5 star feel/standard. The room was modern, but very small. The twin/double room was fitted with 2 single beds, which in my opinion was very substandard for a 5 star hotel. I thought room of this size only existed in Hong Kong or Singapore where land is scarce. I'm only 176cm tall, hard to imagine how someone over 180cm can enjoy their sleep in those beds. When I showed hotel photos to friends, they could not believe that the room belonged to Hilton!
Final thought, the staff and service is great, but the price paid does not justify the room size, especially the lack of a big comfortable bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney