“Good option for Business Travellers...Bed and Breakfast”
Review of Vibe Hotel Sydney

Vibe Hotel Sydney
Ranked #77 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I like Vibe group of hotels in Sydney and have been visiting them 2 years in a row now...good bed and breakfast options..well connected to harbour and other shopping locations as well as business places..room service round the clock keeps you worry free of your work hours..decent breakfast to start your day with good collection of fresh vegetables and breads..some nice cofee and juices as well as continental stuff...friendly staff, well trained and helpful..overall a nice experience during my business travels

Room Tip: I think most rooms are well maintained, 1 facing the Harbour will give your some city feel while oth...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RAJ P
JoanneJenkins, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Rajpatwa

Many thanks for taking the time to review Vibe Sydney. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you when you are next in Sydney.

Joanne Jenkins

Write a ReviewReviews (3,300)

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We just spent three miserable nights at the Vibe in Sydney while touring Australia. The first night we were in a room (215) above the alley and were lucky enough to be there for garbage pick up. Ugh. That noise was drowned out by the train whistle all night long....in the middle of a very long night I checked to see if a window were open and discovered that a pane of glass was missing from the double paned window! I moved rooms the next day (207). The new room was quieter, but the many electrical cords plugged in beneath the bed worried me. Looked unsafe and a fire hazard for sure. The beds in both rooms had old, well worn mattresses that made me think I was sleeping in a scooped out ditch. I was also fascinated to watch the cold water handle leak water whenever I turned on the hot water handle on the sink. The staff pasted a fake, but bored smile on their face and were of little help. Stay away....Stay far far away!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Jodi H
JoanneJenkins, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

I am very sorry you don't seem to have enjoyed your stay. Please contact me if you wish to discuss further.

We appreciate your feedback.

Jo Jenkins - jjenkins@toga.com.au

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Situated on Goulburn Street the hotel is within walking distance to Darling Harbour and many nice restaurants and pubs - try the Spanish one on Pitt St. Central railway station close, but a bit too far away from Circular Quay though it is only a short taxi ride away. The reception staff were friendly, although make sure you keep tabs on your pre-authorisation on your credit card - mine had yet to be cancelled 5 days after having left the hotel.

Stayed on the seventh floor, at the back of the hotel, the room was clean and the bed comfortable, with separate lounge area to stretch out in as well. Bathroom relatively clean (little bit of mould around grouting) and shower over bath. Adequate number of coathangers if staying more than one day, but still could have more for those staying a while or where more than one person in room.

This was a last minute booking for me and as my usual hotels I stay at were fully booked I decided to give Vibe a try. Overall impression was that it was a relatively tidy and comfortable place to stay. Price was cheaper than my usual hotels, and although I still prefer those, the Vibe is a viable option if I had to stay there again I would do so without hesitation

Room Tip: Like many of the hotels in Sydney it is worth asking for a room at the rear of the property, to mini...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank belairtravellers

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed in one of their Executive rooms on the 8th floor for 5 nights and we were very pleased with our accommodations. There was more than enough space in the living/dining room area which allowed us to have people over for drinks. Housekeeping did a good job although we think they switched our bed with one that was a tad soft for us. The Vibe is walking distance to some of the major tourist sights as well as the Central Train Station. We will recommend the hotel to our friends and we will definitely stay there again the next time we're in Sydney.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We came here on a scoopon deal so our expectations were low but all credit to the hotel as we weren't treated like second class citizens! We had a room on the first floor which is apparently not ideal but it was large and clean and quiet. We looked over Foy Alley which is better than looking over Goulburn Street. We were near reception rooms that were occupied all weekend but never heard a thing! Room wasn't top class but let's face it- you get what you pay for but we thought this was extraordinarily good value. We really enjoyed the food at curve ( unlike another reviewer) and found it to be great value and good quality. Staff all round were pleasant and helpful. Location suited us as we had family living nearby but it was only a short walk anyway to most places ( except Circular Quay perhaps but not many hotels are close to that except for premium). Enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine C

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived by ship at Circular Quay. The vibe is on Goulburn Street only one and a half miles from the por.t. I called to tell them we would be arriving early and they offered to have a room ready for us at 10 AM. Great service. The Vibe is a block from the central train station and is on the edge of Chinatown. Lots of good Asian food in the neighborhood. It is 2 blocks to George Street and the free bus to Circular Quay, the ferry and transportation hub of Sydney. Darling Harbour is also a short walk away. The Vibe is not fancy but it is clean and convenient. At half the price of other hotels in the area I consider it a great value. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank William K

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Okay so my partner and I stayed at the vibe for 3 nights, was great besides the bed was hard as a rock, and when the light was on we looked through the blanket seeing some strange gross stain which had obviously been tried to wash out. Great little pool and smokers area, gym sauna, etc. The biggest issue we had was the gross food at curve downstairs. I paid $120 for the most disgusting meals in my life. The $20 ribs which claimed to be beef but legit were raw fat of some poor animal. Then a chicken salad which was so burnt it was crazy.. And they forgot the egg and had to bring it out. Then some prawn fettuccini which tasted like flour and water burnt again!!!! I can't explain how gross this food was! Even a simple piña colada was gross! Yes I complained! And when I went up to pay I was asked how was everything.. I replied with GROSS we couldn't eat it.. And all I got was oh sorry about that! Hotel needs to work on their restaurant ASAP!!! Went across the road to a cheap pub and had a much better meal!

• Stayed: October 2013
JoanneJenkins, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thank you for your recent response on TripAdvisor which I a disappointed to read. Please contact me at the hotel to discuss further.

Jo Jenkins