“Great location, clean enough”
Review of Vibe Hotel Sydney

Vibe Hotel Sydney
Ranked #68 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Pamplona, Spain
“Great location, clean enough”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Perfect place for visiting Sydney. You can get walking to most interesting places in 30min: Opera, harbour, chinatown, museums.. Many restaurants around.
Room is fine, not too big. Pool and a gym great!
The only bad point is that wi-fi es just available for free in the lobby and for 30min a day! Is it really a big deal offering it free the entire day?

• Stayed March 2013
JoanneJenkins, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Ivan G

Thanks for the feedback - it's great you enjoyed your stay and I hope we see you back with us again soon!

Joanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Auckland, NZ
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here with a friend and my 9 month old son. As my 9 month old son was a late addition to our trip, I had to share a single bed with him - it was OK. Tidy and clean. The water pressure from the shower was really good. Only downfall was the customer service. A sour looking girl named Amber told us to take our own bags upstairs. We looked at her to check if she was for real (do they not provide that service?) and then she asked, "Would you like your bags sent upstairs?" To which we replied, "yes please" and then she gave us a funny look and told us it would be up in about 15 minutes. Anyway after waiting almost 45 minutes I rang reception and asked where our bags were and this is the reply, "Who are you?" Only a paying customer, but that's beside the point I guess. Anyway the woman on the other side of the phone informed me that they do not provide the bag delivery service, and that I was to go down to reception and get it myself. So I went down and got three bags (two with wheels one with no wheels), struggled to get them to the lift... and there was no assistance around - not even to hold the lift open!!! Anyway didn't have much to do with the people that worked there, although I'm sure they were nice. Special thanks to the Asian guy who worked at the restaurant - he heated up my baby's bottles every evening as there were no facilities that catered for that in our room, which was fine, I didn't ask for anything extra for my baby I just did what I had to do. I would stay here again due to location and just that it was nice & clean & tidy...but I have to say that maybe some of the staff here need to learn how to be hospitable and smile once in a while. Isn't that what the hospitality industry is all about?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

I'm going to contact you via the TripAdvisor mail system for more information, I'm disappointed your stay was not as great as it could be but thank you for complimenting Alvin, he is amazing!

Jan Juc, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately most of my issues with this hotel came down to the human factor. When checking into out Twin room which we had confirmed twice on the phone, we were told we had been put in a King room. When we got to the room it turned out to be Twin after-all. We were also told that the booking had been made for one person which was not true.
The room itself was okay although the hot tap in the shower was broken. We requested maintenance to fix it but it wasn't for the duration of our stay.
The room was clean and the housekeeping staff were lovely when I met them in the corridor.
There just seems to be a lack of communication throughout the hotel.

1 Thank katecameback
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We undergoing several minor refurbishment programmes from now till 30 June so I'm hopeful these will enhance the guest experience.

Joanne Jenkins
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had a three day conference in Sydney by myself so stayed at Vibe as it was close and inexpensive. The decor is a little strong but was tidy and clean. I was upgraded to a better room at no charge, which was nice. Was on the eighth floor with a view of the abandoned building next door. Generally no problems with the room. In room dinning menu had a good range and price was reasonable. Food was of a good quality too. Just a few issues with missing items like breakfast order forms, toast and the lack of bath robes. Overall I thought it was reasonable value and would probably rate it at three and a half.

Room Tip: The higher rooms will keep you away from the noise of the busy traffic below.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

We appreciate your review and I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay.

With thanks
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that any hotel that does the first of my issues always loses points from me.

As someone who travels to Sydney a lot I get the opportunity to stay at various hotels. The vibe is probably high on the list however a few things let it down which is sad given the price and star rating.

Pro's:
Location is awesome, minutes from Chinatown and the city centre.
Good size rooms
Nice clean lobby
Good water pressure in shower (something that I struggle to find lately)

Cons:
TWO SINGLE BEDS TOGETHER IS NOT A QUEEN/KING BED!!! All it does it create an uncomfortable ridge in the middle that is hard and annoying!! (See disclaimer at start of my review)
Shower/tap arrangement worn out hard to get shower to work
After hours room service is fixed menu that can't be changed. I arrived late evening and was hungry however due to allergies and the fact that the order could not be customised (things removed) I was unable to order anything, this meant having to walk around at midnight to try and find food.

The hotel is ok, but given its star rating and price you world expect more.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear jamesthom

Thanks for your review and the pro's and con's. We are working toward being great instead of good!

For your information most hotels have king zipper beds that provide flexibility for two singles or a king, they have a zipper to join the two beds together so for the record they aren't just pushed together. If you are thinking of staying again you can request a queen and I'll make sure you get one.

Thanks again, we appreciate your feedback!

Melbourne, VIC
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The vent is dripping condensate on the bed. This room is unhygenic and quite frankly unacceptable. The staff are unwilling or unable to change my room. If I had not arrived tired and late I would have gone elsewhere. This is not what you should expect in a developed country for the price paid. Rooms should not be allowed to grow this much mould.

Dear Guest

I'm really sorry about your experience, I've contacted you via the TripAdvisor mail system to get more information and hopefully put things right.

Melbourne
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed 3 nights last week for a conference and found this hotel perfectly adequate. The gym and rooftop pool were tiny but still a bonus for an inner city hotel. It was located near lots of great restaurants, I felt safe in the area and it was walking distance to the major business district. The rooms were large with a sofa and sitting area, bathroom behind a partition that helped block out light if anybody else in the room is still sleeping and decor was hip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I hope we will see you again soon!

Joanne Jenkins