“perfect location..”

Ranked #72 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Perth, Australia
“perfect location..”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

this hotel i found on agoda and the price was normal for sydney.. we stayed 4 nights.. the hotel had lovely decor in reception with a cafe attached called CURVE.. great BLT and coffee.. the top floor gym and pool area with sauna and spare towels was way above what i anticipated.. very crisp, clean and inviting..

perfect location for everything i thought.. walked to entertainment centre for linkin park.. walked to chinatown and paddys market.. walked to darling harbour for dinner and drinks.. walked all around city shops.. closest trainline is museum which is on the airport line.. and central station a wee walk the other way and goes to all spots.. had the best roti at a malaysian restaurant MAMAK which is down goulbourn st towards chinatown.. there are always queues to get in but they move quickly and are seriously worth the wait.. another great lunchtime feed was Maloneys pub on the corner of goulbourn and (unsure, but its on the way to chinatown).. cheap and delicious meals.. my friend had the salmon and raved about it and i had flathead and chips, yum yum..

the room was to sleep in and we liked it.. twin room with heaps of room to move.. i recommend this place if you can get it for a good price..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JoanneJenkins, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear leelee009

Thank you for your positive comments, I hope we will see you when you are next in Sydney. You are right that Mamak is a great restaurant and only a short walk from the hotel. Am very pleased you also enjoyed our own Curve Cafe while here too.

Joanne Jenkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pune, Maharashtra, India

Hey Guys..

As you may have already gone through many reviews herein for this Hotel like the room quality and location etc. well its absolutely true that its not at all worth.The Hotel looks like an old Fort. 1970's Interior, the room was totally different to what I saw online at the time of booking. Its far from Darling Harbour, those who have written that its at a walking distance from Darling Harbour is absolutely false. Darling Harbour is almost half an hour by walk. You can get a better Hotel like Ibis or Holiday Inn which are located on Darling Harbour in similar budget.

Well apart from this, I don't know if I am the first person to experience this but the thing is that these people are "Cheap Cheaters". This is because I havent still received by AUD 200.00 refund which I paid through my credit card at the time of check-in.In-spite of several follow ups with the hotel through e-mails and phone, I haven't received any update from them.
I am very much sure, that the Manager of this Hotel wont even care to revert me over this review.

So Beware if you are still staying in this Hotel after reading so many negative reviews.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JoanneJenkins, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear jmirchandani

Thank you for your review. I have contacted you via the TripAdvisor message system and hope to hear from you soon.

Sandweiler, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Vibe hotel in Sydney for 5 nights during our trip to Australia. The hotel gave us a nice corner room on the 7th floor. A really nice big room, no noise. From the hotel you have a walk of approx. 40 min. to the Sydney harbor and 15 min. to Darling Harbor. China town is just around the corner. If you don't want to walk you can always take the free bus or the train, both stops very close to the hotel. My only negative point with this hotel is the breakfast at AUD 22 it is really pricy and you don't really get value for money, it was actually the most expensive breakfast we had during our trip to Australia? Otherwise I recommend this hotel.

Dear DanRasmussen

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments. I hope we will see you next time you are in Sydney.

Canberra,A CT
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed @ Vibe Sydney for Soundwave - just needed an affordable hotel located near Central Train Station.
Vibe fitted the bill and we were please to be upgraded upon checkin. The receptionist at checkin, who also processed our checkout, was polite and friendly.
Room was clean and spacious but corridors were a little grubby - maybe its time for a refurbishment.
Parking is located across the road - make sure you get the discounted rate for guests.
Can't comment on the food- as we didn't eat there.
We would use Vibe again if we needed a hotel in Sydney close to the station.

Room Tip: Third floor facing rear alleyway was suprising quiet.
Dear Black_Kat2

Thank you for your recent positive review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Vibe hotel in Sydney for 5 nights during our trip to Australia for our honeymoon. We visited several cities/hotels during our visit and I have to say that I would not recommend Vibe hotel. I'll start with the negatives... first the noise in the rooms were extremely loud. We could hear EVERYTHING going on in the hallways, from peoples' conversations, to elevators dinging, to the housekeeping's carts throughout the night. I didn't sleep well because of this. But the loudest part were the doors, they didn't close quietly, they slammed shut. When someone would shut their door it would vibrate/ shake our door. It's very hard to sleep when this is going on all night (my husband and I aren't light sleepers). The hotel was remodeled, however, it was cheaply done and the walls are paper thin. Secondly, the mini fridge froze all our food/ beverages even when we turned down the temperature. And finally, the front desk staff was extremely rude and arrogant.. calm down you work at a mediocre hotel.
The positive things I would say about this hotel is they do provide a small gym and small roof top pool which are next to each other. Although, this area was also a designated smokers area and that was kinda gross. And their restaurant (Curve) does provide a decent lunch starting at $12 and includes a beverage of choice, including beer or wine.
Overall, we were disappointed in our stay and wished we stayed in a different area of Sydney.

Room Tip: If you do choose to stay here, ask for a room in a corner far away from the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JoanneJenkins, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Kara050

I have contacted you via the TripAdvisor system and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I can't believe how rude the front counter staff are! They roll their eyes, clearly hate and don't appreciate their jobs and treat every question with a bored and rude answer. I have never felt so offended by staff before.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Yvettely
Dear Yvette

Thank you for your review and for responding to my message via TripAdvisor and I trust you are happy with the outcome.

Birkdale
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This reasonably well located hotel has very spacious rooms however the carpets and fabrics were very worn and overall we felt that it it was well overdue for refurbishment. The lack of a thermostatic mixer in the shower left it up to the guest to best guess the safest settings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JoanneJenkins, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear BirkdaleMan

Thank you for your recent review. We are completing some refurbishment work in the hotel between now and the end of June that includes replacing carpet in the whole hotel.

I hope we will see you again in the future.