“Excellent City Centre Hotel”
Review of Vibe Hotel Sydney

Ranked #69 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent City Centre Hotel”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a very nice modern hotel in central Sydney convenient for Paddy's Market, Chinatown, Darling Harbour and Central Station. it is only two stops away on the train to Central Quay. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and clean and the staff very helpful. It is very easy to find if you take the train to Museum Station, cross the road and walk down Elizabeth Street for one block and it is situated on the next corner. We had breakfast on three of the days of our stay and there was a nice if unchanging selection. Breakfast is AUS$28 but this is reduced to AUS$20 if you book it the night before. We never ate in the restaurant in the evening as it seemed a bit pricey but the Crown Hotel on the opposite corner serves an excellent selection of very nice meals at a far more reasonable prices. The hotel has a pool, gym and sauna on the 9th floor which we didn't use but looked really nice. The only drawback was a fire alarm at 5:00 am on our first morning because someone was smoking in their room but the hotel provided free breakfasts to the guests for the inconvenience. Internet access is available in the rooms but is expensive. The hotel has coin operated PCs in the lobby at AUS$2 for per 20 minutes with facilities for printing at .50c a page. We fully enjoyed our stay and highly recommended the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 9th floor do not have access by elevator and luggage has to be carried up the stairs. O...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jollyjambo
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Jollyjambo,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our service great at the same time.
Breakfast is normally $ 29.00 per person and as you write you are offered a discount if you purchase this on the front desk the day prior.
We think our location is great and we feel we are in the middle of everything in our great city.
We hope to see you soon again and should you need anything at all in the meantime then do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Vibe Hotel Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent facilities and close walk to large shopping centre................Darling Harbour 15min walk away Extra large room so good for family George Street is close by and its a good steady walk down to the Sydney Opera House.......................

Room Tip: request a room away from the main road
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Elisabeth C,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our location.
We hope to see you again in the near future and should you need anything in the meantime then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Caspar P. schmidt
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Vibe Hotel not long after arriving from Belfast. On arrival I was greeted by the most friendly and observant reception staff who dealt with my check in very efficiently; which is a must after a long 24 hour flight. The hotel room was very stylish, large with separate living and dining area, massive bed and a large bathroom with separate bath and shower. The quality of the food on offer at the Vibe Hotel Sydney was top class and the menu choice was exquisite. The hotel is well located within the buzzing streets of Sydney and close to Hyde Park. It also has a roof top pool to dip into cool when the Australian heat becomes too much. I thoroughly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay here again. So if anyone is heading to Sydney I would make this your first choice of hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Heather F,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback about Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room and the food in the restaurant.
We always try our best to have some rooms ready for our guests that arrive early and we are happy to hear that your room was ready as you came to the hotel after your long flight.
The pool area was recently refurbished and is now a little "oasis" in the middle of the city with green turf and nice new lounge furniture making it a perfect place to start the day with a quick swim before going shopping in our great city.
We hope to see you soon again and should you need anything in the meantime then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for two nights last week. I arrived early and was unable to check-in to my room, but was recognised as a frequent guest by both the hotel manager (Kasper) and the assistant manager (Timothy), they kindly stored my luggage and offered me a free coffee in the hotel cafe. When a returned to the hotel around 2pm my room was ready, and the luggage was already in my room. Later that same day I ordered room service which arrived after 30 mins, only minus was that the salt shaker was empty. The food however was good (I didn't really need the salt). I had breakfast both mornings and although it was busy the food was always nice and warm. (have stayed in other hotels, where there has been plenty of hot food but most of it cold) On Friday morning I was suprised to see that they offered omelettes cooked to order in the breakfast room, this was really popular, but well worth the wait. Housekeeping was fine durning my stay, but they changed all the towels and the bed linen even though I had left the towels on the bathroom rail. I thought that was indicating that they didn't need to be changed. It was nice to have the bed linen changed, but I didn't really need to have them changed since it was only a two nights stay. All in all it was a really nice stay, with good and friendly service. Only minus was that I couldn't get a taxi when I checked out.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear HamletSweden,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback about Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service on the front desk and also enjoyed the breakfast and the room service.
Our goal is always to recognize our frequent guests and we are very pleased to hear that you felt we looked after you a little extra.
We will share this review with the team as we can all learn from your experience.
We are sorry about the taxi situation but it can be very tricky when its peak hour.
The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back again sometime in the future.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I never have such an awful experience with hotel staff. The girl at reception was extremely arrogant on our arrival. She seemed not to care about their customers. The staff at cafe was same as well. All they were worried about was their work and nothing more.
1 out of 10 - CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

• Stayed November 2012
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear GNCPaul,

Firstly thank you kindly for your feedback about Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am terribly sorry to hear that you feel that we did not deliver you good service on the front desk and in the restaurant. We take pride in being informative on the desk and letting everyone know what is required including being very clear about our Credit Card Policy. This might have been the area you are pointing out to us, but this is not our intention at all. We just need to make sure everyone understands the reason behind why we are doing so, as we have had many questions into this matter before.
I am sorry to hear that you did not think we delivered a service that was friendly and I will personally spend more time with the team on the desk to make sure we change this.

I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I agree with many other reviews - this is definitely not a 4 star hotel. Very basic and and run down rooms which are in need of renovations. Aluminium window frames don't open. Light green wall color is a terrible choice.
The toilet kept flushing by itself every hour, first night I couldn't sleep, I thought it was from the other rooms, only in the morning I realized it was my toilet! I complained to the reception 3 times (stayed for 3 days), nothing changed!!! And yeah, it's also leaking because of that, and bathroom smells like sewer.
Put a red "Don't disturb" sign outside the door, in the morning cleaning lady still knocks the door. In reply to may question "Don't you see the Don't disturb sign?" she replies "Yeah, clean later?". No sorry, no regret.

If other reviewers call it "no frills" accommodation, I agree there's no frills, but then it should be cheaper too?

For more than $200 a day? Never again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Alex K,
Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am sorry to hear that there were issues with the toilet while you stayed with us and that we did not fix this. I agree that is unacceptable and I apologize for this issue not being handled as it should.
The windows in the rooms are double glazed. The first frame opens and the outer ones do not for safety reasons. I appreciate your comments about colours in the room, the green colour is a vibe colour and all the rooms have this colour scheme including the corridors etc.
I have raised your issue with the housekeeping company we use as this is not acceptable at all.
Overall I can understand your dissatisfaction and would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade for your next stay should you decide to give us another try.
We hope to see you soon again at Vibe Hotel Sydney.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I had an overnight trip to Sydney so I booked Vibe Hotel for it's location and price...then I read reviews! I must say there were some pretty unhappy customers so I was nervous about our booking. One person even went so far to name staff and suggest they be fired!
I would like to say that our experience was a huge relief. Our room was very kindly and unexpectedly upgraded (thank you Monte), the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable and the meal we ate in the restaurant absolutely fine.
We definitely feel we were given value for money.
Thank you.

Dear RobbiJ,

Thank you for your email regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us.
We are constantly trying to improve our service and we are happy to hear that we delivered good service throughout the hotel during your stay.
I will show Bronte this review as she has worked hard on improving her customer skills within her short time with us.