“Average hotel”

Ranked #72 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Adelaide, Australia
“Average hotel”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in oct 2011 and it was just 'ok' nothing special. The tv was useless couldnt work out how to use it properly and my partner and i are pretty good with technology!!.

They really need to have a better room service menu, and more variety.

Everytime i went into the bathroom to do my hair or makeup the fan came on every single time and it gave me the s#*%s

apart from the room service and the fan and the tv.. its a great place to stay.. The business centre in the foyer is good, they have good music playing.. easily accessable and i felt 'safe' there unlike at other hotels where their business centres are on the other side of the hotel and away from everything..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Alex_Christine,

Thank you for your review and feedback.
Our room service menu has changed since October so that problem should no longer be an issue.
The fan turns on automatically when the lights goes on, I am sorry that bothers you but this is not something we will changing as this is the case in all the rooms.
We have had the TV’s and the signals checked in November and have experienced no further issues so all should now be working as it should. There is a 10 second delay before they turn on but that is all it should take before it comes on.
I am sorry you had that issue when you stayed with us.

The business centre is open to everyone and is very welcoming, you are never alone and always around people in the lobby and many guests appreciate that as you have mentioned.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Was on the first floor and found the hotel to be filthy dirty throughout. As we on first floor there was a business conference held there earlier in the day and leftover food, coffee, teas and trash just left sitting there for at least 1 day. Room 102 was dirty as same with the entire first floor. Even elevators and hallways very dirty.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank RollingLucky
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Dear RollingLucky,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry you found the conference floor to be dirty.
The 1st floor lobby is used for functions, but no food is ever left out overnight. Last week was extremely busy and there was a great amount of traffic up there so we know it needs extra attention daily. I have spoken to the housekeepers this morning and they will prioritise this as they should. I am sorry about that it did not present itself as it should.
In regards to your room then I have inspected that as well and I have not found anything that indicates that the room is dirty. I did find some dust behind the TV and we have removed that immediately.
Please do contact me so we can do something for you for your next visit as I am sure we can do much better than what you have experienced.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Have a nice day.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I had to go to Sydney for less than 24 hours and The Vibe in Sydney was perfect! Great lobby, large room with a sofa and desk, and separate area for the fridge and wardrobe....great lighting, large mirrors. I had dinner at the fabulous restaurant downstairs and to get a lock for my suitcase and there was a convenience store right down the street! 4 stars and value for $$$$$

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sansbell
Dear Sansbell,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I have shared your experience with the team this morning and I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
The entire team hope to see you soon again when you come to Sydney next time.
We learn from both positive and negative feedback and we want to thank you for taking the time to get us this information.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Was expecting a little better than what we received at Vibe (for the money spent)... reasonably clean, small room, with ordinary outlook. Convenient enough for access to transport, but plenty of more attractive locations to stay in what is a brilliant city.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie L
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Marie L,

Thank you for your feedback.
We try our very best to be competitive on price and we do offer specials in the market almost every week.
We are in a peak period at the moment in Sydney so prices are higher than normal due to this.
Vibe Hotel Sydney is in the CBD and we do not offer any spectacular views as we are surrounded by other buildings. What we do offer is a very convenient location, a solid product and good service with a smile.
I hope we are able to welcome you again in the future as we would love to see you again.
Have a nice day.

Rosebud, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The stay itself was great.

As we arrived at the hotel a $200 bond was held on my Debit Card. Upon check out the reception staff charged the full amount to my bank card. A week after my stay I checked my bank account and the $200 bond was still pending on my Debit Card and had overdrawn the account. I called the reception and they told me it had nothing to do with them and that I had to contact my bank to get my money back.

The website also said there was a pool and sauna. We got ready and went up for a swim, only to find an Out of order sign on both. Which the reception staff had failed to tell us.

$250 a night for just a room and no breakfast included and all facilities Out of Order was definitley NOT worth it! Absolute joke!

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear SarahandChrisAsh,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am sorry to hear you had problems with us charging your card incorrectly.
When a guest stays with us we make a pre-authorization on the card and this amount takes 3-5 days to be released from your bank. (Your bank locks this amount) when you check out this is released and returned with the given timeframe to the card.
We do explain this at check In. I am sorry if this has slipped as it should always be given as information to all our guests.
The pool as closed for 24 hours after the massive downpour we had in Sydney and we did that to make sure the system was checked and back working and in order. We should of course have informed you about that on the desk at check in and we are sorry that did not happen.
The sauna is located on the 9th floor and its open everyday. You need to walk around the corner to get to that up near the gym.
The prices on rooms vary in Sydney all the time and you are able to find great deals on our rooms via our homepage etc. Room rates are changing daily to stay competitive in the market.
I hope we see you again in the future and that you will give us another chance going forward.

Scottish Borders, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We had 3 nights at The Vibe and overall it was fine.

The location is good if you want to see the city - very near the rail station which has direct links to the airport for about $17AUS.

Room was clean an beds comfortable but tv reception patchy and our room looked out onto an ugly side street - but those are only minor niggles.

In summary The Vibe is neither great nor awful, but it's location is really handy for a bargain price.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear JockTheCritic,
Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am happy to hear that you had a good stay at the hotel, but it worries me that you had TV issues as we have spent a significant amount of money on upgrades.
The hotel is a city hotel and we do not guarantee any views for that simple reason. I am sorry to hear that you did not like the view but it is limited what we can do in that situation.
I hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future and wish you a great 2012.

Redmond, WA, USA
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at the Vibe following a 10-day cruise. We had looked at lots of hotels in advance and would like to have stayed closer to the waterfront but I have this thing about hotels. I hate to pay more than $200 a night to stay in a hotel that isn't offering me something incredible. Don't get me wrong. We have stayed in some world-class, amazing hotels but I was lucky enough to get them all at a huge bargain. Like grabbing a wonderful room at Edinburgh's Balmoral the night after the World Cup Soccer matches for less than $150. Or finding an internet special for the Hong Kong Langham. But I could not find a single hotel near the waterfront (that we could stay in) that was under $275 a night. So I went to Trip Adviser and found a high rated hotel, near the city center and within walking distance of Sydney's superb transit system and the Vibe fit that bill perfectly. We paid less than $150 a night, it was a very nice room (see the pic) in a boutique type hotel (we love those rather than chains) and we could walk to the subway which took us everywhere in under 10 minutes.The rooms were clean, had all the needed amenities and I would not hesitate to go back and stay at the Vibe again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor so you stay away from busy street noise.