“Very good sized rooms, pleasantly surprised”

Cambridge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #35 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I booked this hotels based on other reviews and was not disappointed. We got a corner room on the 11th floor and were pleasantly surprised with the standard. Large living area with couch, wall-mounted tv and a desk for your laptop etc. No microwave but fridge, safe, tea and coffee facilities, ironing board etc.

Comfortable bedding and large, well equipped bathroom. Nice pool and spa area on Level 2 also.
Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.

Location is also great - right around the corner from Oxford Street with plenty of bars and restaurants.

Internet in the rooms is decent value - $20 for 24 hours.

Would definitely stay here on my next trip to Sydney and would recommend it to others.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2010

Dear Murphy_sa,

Thank you for the positive comment. It is truly appreciated to have recieved such positive and motivating feedback. I have passed your feedback on to all staff.

There are newer reviews for Cambridge Hotel Sydney

Reviewed August 28, 2010

The staff are very friendly and professional from reception through to housekeeping. As this is an older hotel the rooms are not identical but we found them excellent and larger than many others. We especially like the sitting area that each of our rooms hand and the desk area was also well positioned. Buffet breakfast is excellent value for money.

This is a great little hotel which is very well located for walking China Town, CBD, Darling Harbour, Oxford Street etc but if you don't want to walk it is a easy to get a taxi from right outside.

Lots of great eating places close by as well as places to have a massage. There is also a supermarket and bottle shop close by.

Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Dear Dragonsister,

Thank you for your comment. It is thorugh guest feedback we know what we are doing good and where need to improve. I passed your comment on to all the staff.

Reviewed August 27, 2010

The service was wonderful from all members of staff & the room was exellent and very clean which included a balcony
The food in the resteraunt was very good and at the right price

The trip to Sydney was for the first week of radiotherapy cancer treatment
and the stay was that pleasant we are returning to the Cambridge next week for 5 more weeks

Well done team! & thank you Adam

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear NswOldie,

Thank you very much for your positive comment. We highly regard the feedback provide by our guests..

It is truly appreciated to have recieved such a positive feedback regarding the hotel. I have passed your feedback to my entire staff.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

I stayed at the Cambridge Hotel last Thursday and Friday night for the first time. I booked the rooms on the internet as it was very easy to navigate. My flight was late and I checked in fairly late but the hotel receptionist was really welcoming and I was upgraded to a large deluxe room. She was one of the best receptionist i had encountered, very kind, helpful and accommodating. The room was HUGE and I even had a large balcony with city skyline view. the bed was really comfotable I had the best night sleep ever. The hotel is walking distance to heaps of fashionable and hip shops, its 10 minutes walk to Paddington Oxford Street. The hotel is fantastic and I am looking forward to be back soon for my next shopping trip.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

Dear Bettyboo97

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience. It is always great to hear that the hotel was sucessful in making your stay comfortable.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

I have just recently stayed two nights in this hotel. Lifts, room and corridors were clean and nicely appointed. Personnel were very friendly and always helpful, Lee in particular. I can easily recommend this place to anyone who wants to spend few days in Sydney.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Cambridge2010,

Thank you for taking your time in posting your postive comments. It is an honour to have known that you had a comfortable stay when at Cambridge. I will personally pass on this message to our staffs.

Thank you again for the commetns. We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

I'm a local pub owner who is staying at the hotel while my place is being renovated, and this hotel is amazing, such a lovely experience, I'd love to stay longer. The rooms were lovely and clean, the breakfast was exceptional especially the service I received, so very friendly. I ask the young lady for a recommendation and it was an appertising meal. I can't remember her name, but a Big thank you to her for making it special. It goes to show that a little attention to detail makes a huge impression. She is an asset to anyone in this industry. I was so pleased with the overall stay, I will definately let anyone who visits my pub know of the hotel. A job well done Quality Cambridge Hotel A+.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo

Dear Doris86,

Thank you for taking your time to post your feedback. It is truly motivating for myself and the entire staff of Quality Hotel Cambridge to recieve your positive feedback.

Thank you again for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed at the Cambridge hotel on July 23/24 Funky colors very clean sharp lines felt welcomed as soon as we walked through the front door, we had a room on the 7th floor, it was large,clean,VERY comfortable bed it was absolute HEAVEN....not noisy, heating was great...staff were friendly and special mention to Natalie on the front desk is there anything she did not know...I don't think so....breakfast was great and my poached eggs were YUMMY...value for money YES YES..will definitely stay again...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Jenwa61,

Thank you for posting your comments. It is fantastic to hear that we are doing a great job.

I have passed your comments on to the staffs. I look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Thank you again.