“Good value for money”

Cambridge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #37 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Booked online. The room looks a lot different from the photos, I also booked the deluxe queen balcony (top floor), smaller than expected and furnishings were a little disappointment. Apart from that, everything was great. Refurbished bathroom was exceptional!! I'm sure I'll make another book in the future.

1  Thank teetaytruong
StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Hi Teetaytruong,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Cambridge Hotel. While I’m glad you enjoyed our overall quality and high value for money, it is unfortunate your booking experience was less than ideal. The images used on your particular booking agent are representative of the features and facilities of each room type.

All our Queen Balcony rooms offer modern accommodation at an affordable cost, however due to the unique structure of the building our room types do slightly vary in layout and sizing. Overall I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great hotel, no complaints although I think parking and internet should be included in the price. Location is good, right near Oxford and Crown streets. Staff at he front desk were extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Trina M

Hi Trina,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Cambridge Hotel. It’s excellent you enjoyed our central location in Surry Hills; there certainly is a wide variety of cafes, restaurants and bars surrounding the hotel. I’m glad you also found our team to be extremely helpful and friendly; they appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back. Further to your feedback; we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi as an exclusive benefit to all guests that book directly online with us.

Thank you again for your comments and kind regards

Reviewed July 21, 2014

When me and my partner checked into the Cambridge Hotel on the 11th of July, the girl at reception was very lovely and accommodating! She was very welcoming, and even offered to keep my birthday cake in their fridge since it wouldn't have fit in the room fridge. When I presented my card, I understood that the room amount of $172 and the $50 deposit would be put on hold separately, so that the $50 deposit would be released back into my account upon checkout (this is my understanding of my last stay with the hotel, and also their terms and conditions). I noticed that the girl had put $226 on hold, and asked her why she had done this, and she told me that she would send a fax in the morning to st George to release it. I just assumed that it would be fixed when I checked out the next day. I didn't realise until I went to the bank 3 days later (when I found out that I was in arrears) that they charged $172 upon checkout, and released the $226 (which went back into my account exactly a week later). So essentially, I was charged twice plus the deposit which was really annoying. All in all, I enjoyed the stay and the staff were lovely, but this annoying inconvenience is very disappointing. I will stay with Cambridge Hotel again, but I hope that this confusion does not repeat itself.

1  Thank Andrei C
StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Cambridge Hotel and for providing the opportunity to improve the standard of our services. The issue experienced was due to internal miscommunication and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. The staff member in question has been spoken to and re-trained in our payment policies and procedures. I’m glad that this didn’t impede on your overall experience and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Booked for one night and really wanted to stay longer. Close to the heart of Sydney, great furnishings and room size was divine. Staff were always on hand and extremely helpful. The pillows were the most comfortable I've slept on in a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris C

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Cambridge Hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed the various elements of your stay; from our central location to our spacious and well-appointed accommodation. Your comments are highly motivating for the entire team and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I chose this hotel as a budget hotel. It was not budget on service or decor. My room looked to have been newly refurbished. It was fresh, clean and stylish.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is an easy walk to department stores and Hyde Park. However, even though it is a short distance from Central Station it can be difficult if you, like me you have a heavy bag, am unfit and didn't realise it would be uphill all the way. Next time I would take a taxi.
The room service breakfast was reasonable priced but small on substance. Next time I would take advantage of the many nearby cafes.

Room Tip: With so much to do in the local area I doubt you will spend time in your room so who cares?
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Leanne W

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Cambridge Hotel. It’s great to hear your experience with us exceeded your expectations; from the high quality of our furnishings to the standard of service we strive to provide. Thank you again for your motivating feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The location was perfect. Close walking distance to both the CBD and sporting facilities. Great view from our room of the city at night and the Opera House. Very impressive. Room service menu was extensive and very affordable. Staff were happy and a pleasure to deal with. Very small car parking spaces.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Cambridge Hotel Sydney. It is great to see you enjoyed our accessible location in Sydney’s Surry Hills, the high standard of our service and the quality of our room service. I agree our parking facilities can be quite tight and we make this clear across all online booking agents. I appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Loved The Cambridge, will definitely stay there again. Fantastic location, easy walk to Allianz Stadium and close to some great restaurants. The staff were lovely, the room clean and spacious and the view was amazing. Not noisy considering how close to the city and oxford st. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the furnishings were modern. We really enjoyed the buffet breakfast too and would highly recommend The Cambridge.

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel. Our central location in Surry Hills provides easy access to all that Sydney has to offer and our departments strive to provide excellence in guest satisfaction. Our team appreciate your kind comments and it’s great you enjoyed the various aspects of your stay. Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back.