Cambridge Hotel Sydney
$179
$197
$176
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$182
$139
$158
Hotels.com
$244
$159
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$128
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$144
$126
$202
$180
4,752 results
All reviewssurry hillsoxford streetgreat locationbalcony roommuseum stationhyde parkwalking distancefree wifigood sizeopera housepublic transportwould stay againreception staffmini barshort staybuffet breakfastcentral location
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here in December 13 with my husband and 2 small children. Stayed in Delux Double. The room was great with a seperate bedroom for the kids it was quite with a small but serviceable kitchen, the hotel was close to everything and the staff extremely helpful. I would definiately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kayemhoward
StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Hi Kayemhoward,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us at the Cambridge Hotel. I'm pleased you found our Deluxe Bedroom Suite to suit your families needs, and that you made use of our kitchenette and accessible location. The staff all appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at the Cambridge from 2nd Jan to 8th Jan 2014 and found all aspects to be good.Had requested low room which had no outlook, On asking to move to a higher room this was carried out by Dona to a very high level of efficiency causing no interruption to our stay/activities. This continued to be the experience during our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edward D
StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hi Edward,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay at the Cambridge Hotel. It's great you enjoyed all aspects of your visit, and it is pleasing to hear Dona and our Front Desk efficiently handled your requests throughout your stay. Thank you again for your feedback; we look forward to welcoming you both back.
Kind regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Booking was made for 3 nights. On returning on afternoon of third day found I was "locked out" of my room. My belongings had been removed from the room, which took quite some time to locate. No respect for my belongings. When found a Burberry jacket was thrown on the floor in a left luggage room, shoes were missing (much later located) and a very inferior room was offered (not accepted). An error had been made by the "day" duty manager and on retrieval of the booking it was clear that 3 nights had been booked and paid for in advance. I was offered a total refund and a very inferior room, which was totally unacceptable, (dank smell, chlorine smell from the pool was overpowering). No attempt was made to contact me to ask why I had not checked out, just the room, which I might add was very nice, had been allocated to somebody else!!! There was total lack of care, concern and respect for me and my belongings. This shows a real lack of training by staff, attention to detail and respect. Would I stay there again ? Never, ever. Fortunately I was able to find a room at a far superior hotel which is where I shall stay when next I visit Sydney.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank SCRAPPY1945

Hi Scrappy1945,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. As you are aware from our meetings with managers during your stay, The Cambridge Hotel takes all feedback received seriously, as we can improve through feedback we receive from our valued guests.

I’d like to again apologise for the error in your original booking being entered for 2 nights instead of 3 nights; the Cambridge Hotel takes full responsibility for this mistake and again we sincerely apologise. Our team are being provided with additional training in following the procedures.

I’m sorry to hear you feel the full refund you received along with the Lindt chocolates and selection of tea’s was unsatisfactory as compensation. The hotel was fully booked and your original room had been occupied due to the clerical error of your departure date. The alternative room that was offered was not of the same standard of the room that you had booked and have to agree that this was a poolside room, and hence we offered this complimentary. Again, we sincerely apologise for the initial error that set off this unfortunate chain of event, this has been a lesson to us to ensure all procedures are followed. Additionally when guest are signing the registration cards this is an acknowledgement that all the information is correct.

We were unable to contact you during the day as no information was provided to us at check in, which is not compulsory. If we were in the possession of your mobile contact details we could have contacted you and avoided this incident.

Again this is in no way excusing the initial error. I thank you again for your feedback and do hope that in the future you might choose to stay with us again where you can experience true Cambridge hospitality.

I’ve just returned from 4 weeks annual leave and If I may be of any further assistance please contact me directly on steven@cambridgehotel.com.au or 02 9215 5107.

Kind regards.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at the Cambridge a couple of weeks ago, the accommodation was pretty basic we had a dinner in the city and thought it would be easier if we just stayed the night, we paid just over $200 for the room and whilst we didn't spend that much time there, i think for the same price you could get better accommodation at the Meriton or the Sebel.

There wasn't anything overly wrong with the hotel, it just wasn't too comfortable and was a bit outdated and it looked a bit neglected. I also though the pictures were a bit of a misrepresentation of the room/hotel.

The hotel is situated close to all the restaurants in Surry Hills, and approx a $15 taxi ride to the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank harpers89
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stopping at the Cambridge hotel until 11th Jan spent nearly 6000aud and they want to charge me for wifi. Very disappointed is an under estimation . I will not pay on principle and think the hotel seriously needs to address this issue as I am not the only one to mention it. Mr C Monckton

• Stayed: January 2014