“Will stay again”

Cambridge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #37 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have reviewed well though my initial room I was given I wouldn't have been happy with, it smelled very musty when I arrived late at midnight after my plane was delayed. I slept there that night as very tired and in the morning realised why, the air con was leaking water and the carpet was soaked. However one call to reception and I was moved quickly and able to get off to work on time. That was room 3 09 i think.

next room 10 03 was good and spacious. a recommendation would be that they add at least one chair that you can take out onto the balcony. Very helpful staff. Didn't try their restaurant as had plans elsewhere but looked very busy.

2 restaurants well worth going to nearby are longrain (expensive) and the winery on crown st.

I stayed for business as my Oz office is in surry hills and will stay again with a caveat on which room they put me in :)

• Stayed: March 2013
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Annabellet,
Thank you very much for choosing the Cambridge Hotel for your recent stay, and your review is highly appreciated.
It is great to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us, and that the friendly staff made sure you were moved to another room. I apologise for any inconvenience this caused, and I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of you stay with us.
Thank you for your restaurant recommendations in the area, I am sure these will be appreciated by other readers and reviewers.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel in the near future and thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My local Travel Agents in Camden, Janway recommended The Cambridge Hotel & they were spot on. The Hotel Staff were very friendly, always helpful. It was situated near to Museum Station & very near to Oxford St. My room was very comfortable & my air conditioning worked & I enjoyed using the Swimming Pool, conveniently situated on the 2nd floor. I also used their washing machine & drier. I would have no problem recommending The Cambridge Hotel to any friends of mine thinking of gong to Sydney for a holiday or even Australian friends thinking of spending time in Sydney

Room Tip: I was on the 11th Floor, making my Vodafone Dongle work better because I was higher up
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Whovion1,
Thank you very much for sharing your great review with us, and I am very glad that the Cambridge Hotel lived up to all your expectations.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location of the Hotel and the Hotel facilities. It is great to learn that you will recommend the Cambridge Hotel and we would like to thank you immensely for sharing your feedback with us.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We arrived a day early and we were fortunate that there was a room available for an extra night. We stayed 5 nights .Mark at the front desk set up our Bridge walk the night before as we only had one free day to do it. He took good care of us and we so appreciated all his help. Chris ( Front desk) was always there with a smile and graciously filled my ice pack every evening.(ankle surgery 3 mos. earlier) The front desk was very helpful. The room was very clean, we had a small balcony and they brought us a second chair to sit out with our morning coffee. Our Air conditioner quit working and was dripping water...it was fixed immediately. We walked to the opera house, darling Harbor and all over. it was a good walk but doable even with my bum ankle. oh, room says coffee pots but if you are American they are not like our coffee pots they are hot pots. instant coffee wasn't bad at all. We had everything we needed at the cambridge and they were delightful. I would certainly stay there again. Bed was comfortable

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TrishaKirk,
Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Cambridge and for taking your time to share your wonderful feedback with us.
I am delighted to hear the Cambridge Hotel and our friendly staff made sure you had everything you needed, and looked after you well. Your comments about Mark and Chris have been shared with all staff, and Chris and Mark are proud to have been recommended by you.
It is great to hear that the cleanliness, location and hotel facilities were to your satisfaction and we thank you for sharing all your comments with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Rooms and service great, restaurant had great atmosphere at night but breakfast not too 'crash hot'.Staff very ftiendly and helpful but car park very difficult to navigate- does not suit bigger cars! on the whole a lovely experience and would certainly stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear JoGreeny811,
Thank you very much for choosing the Cambridge Hotel for your recent stay and we would also like to thank you for taking your time to share your great review with us.
It is great to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and that you would stay again. We are grateful for your feedback, particularly regarding friendly staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located to central city without being right in the CBD. The rooms are exactly as expected... no frills, but nicely put together. The rooms had been recently upgraded. The bed was very comfortable and the balcony in our room was large with such a sweeping view of the city that we could even see the top of the Opera House. Parking was good for such a tight space, but if you are not coming by car, you are in a very good area for public transportation. Check in and out efficient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Christy M,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel Sydney.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room comfortable and convenient. I am also glad to hear that the friendly and efficient front desk staff lived up to your expectations.
Thank you for taking you time to share your feedback with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed 4 people in one-bedroom room during Mardi Gras. Great facilities, everything we needed. Fold-out sofa bed not the greatest, but we put the extra mattress on the floor and had the sofa as a sofa. Cute little balcony which could do with some chairs, but no biggie either. The layout of the hotel can be bewildering - there are three lifts, one is described as Guest lift, but they all work, except when you go to the parking levels, then you really can only use the Guest lift. Was confusing when we were trying to find the laundry. Staff were super-helpful and friendly, check-in / check-out was easy, they ordered maxi taxis for us. And the price was decent. Would I stay again? Yes, definitely. You won't get a view of the Mardi Gras parade from the hotel, but you will be close enough to walk, and also close to Oxford Street gay nightlife.

Room Tip: Any floor, room 10 (110, 210, 310, etc) - they have a more private balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear vduddy,
Thank you for choosing the Cambridge Hotel for your recent stay with us.
It is great to hear that that your enjoyed your stay with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and the friendly guest service. It is pleasing to hear that the hotel and the location lived up to your expectations and that you would stay with us again.
I apologise for any inconvenience you experienced in regards to the confusion with the lifts. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel again.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

A real character hotel in an interesting location. We ha a room on the top floor with a brilliant view of the city.It was quite in the hotel but the area had areal buzz about it.The staff were fantastically helpful, suggesting good places to eat close to the hotel. We had a great time walking through the parks to the main attractions in Sydney.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Kathryn O,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Cambridge Hotel Sydney and for taking your time to share your wonderful experience with us.
It is great to hear that you found the hotel “quirky and stylish” and that you enjoyed the location just as much.
I am very glad to hear that the friendly staff and hotel atmosphere lived up to your expectations.
Once again, thank you for sharing your great feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel again in the near future.
Warm regards