“GREAT Rooms, OUTSTANDING Service, and a FANTASTIC Location!!!”

Cambridge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #37 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is the fourth time I stay at this hotel and thought I'd finally write a review, better late than never I guess! :-) What more could you want from a hotel, the rooms are modern, spacious and clean, the service is outstanding, and it's close to everything!!! If you want value for money and a place where the rooms are clean, the staff are friendly, and you're a walk away from everything Sydney has to offer, then look no further than the Cambridge Hotel Sydney. I've stayed in many hotels, including 5 star properties, and I have to say that the Cambridge Hotel stands out from all of them when it comes to comfort. Whenever I've needed something, be it a coathanger or a takeaway container, it has been delivered to my room in record time, more than what I can say about other hotels I've stayed at, some of which were 5 star, when I had to wait almost an hour for something I needed. Personally, I never plan on staying anywhere else, the rooms and the staff won me over after our second stay, when we were upgraded to a balcony room which had a fantastic view! They even offer 24 hour room service, and what we ordered the last couple of times we stayed there was delicious, breakfast was also great value and very yummy!!!! Thank you for a wonderful stay, four times over, Cambridge Hotel, it's nice to know we have a clean and comfortable home away from home!!! :-)

4  Thank Sunrise26
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Sunrise26,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel and for taking your time to share your great feedback with us.
I am delighted to hear that such a valued guest like yourself has on many occasions had a great stay with us. Feedback like these do not go unheard and are shared with all staff and team members, as this keeps us highly motivated to exceed guest expectations on all levels.
I am very glad that your enjoy the Cambridge for its location, value for money, friendly staff, spacious rooms, and great service. We take pride in receiving reviews and comments like yours so once again, thank you very much for sharing for feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel for the fifth time!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were excited about going to the Cambridge Hotel as we were going to a nearby show, however the photos are taken in such a way as to make it look much more classy than it actually was. A friend of ours booked two deluxe king rooms and they indeed got plenty of room. Their room was about three times larger than the "shoebox" we got. The room was so tiny, my wife and I were getting in the way of each other trying to walk around the room. It was claustrophobic and the decore was old and very tired.

We regularly come to sydney and this is by far the worst room we have encountered. Funny how our friends got a large room and we were booked and charged for the same room and ended up with a shoebox.......ruined an otherwise good trip away.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you pay for and they dont shaft you in room size.
4  Thank Andy F

Dear Andy F,
Thank you very much for your recent stay, and thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us.
I am sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We understand your frustration and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I would like to express our most sincere apologies, and would like to ask you to send me an email directly to steven@cambrigdehotel.com.au so we can discuss and make sure you are satisfied with the outcome.
Unfortunately, all rooms in the hotel have different layouts and different sizes – this is the reason why we have more than 10 room types on our website. We try to make it as simple and understandable as possible for both our guests and staff. However, due to your experience we have been in discussions on how we can best differentiate between the rooms and possibly add one more room type. I am pleased that you took a moment to share this with us so that we may find the best solution for this.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you so we can reinstate the Cambridge Hotel back to your good favour.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We recently spent four nights at the hotel, two at each end of our holiday in Australia. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The rooms (we had a different room each stay) were comfortable and clean. We were there just after New Year when the hotel had been extremely busy, but the staff still had time to help whenever we asked. The new restaurant provides an excellent breakfast, and one of the best dinners we had while in Sydney.The hotel is in a very convenient location in walking distance of central Sydney, Hyde Park, Darling Harbour, and a bus stop at the end of the road to take you to the beaches at Bondi, Bronte, Coogee etc. Central Station is also just down the road.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Ann F,

Thank you, once again, for taking your time to share your great feedback with us. We all remember your great review from March and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again.

I am very pleased that you were satisfied with everything from the friendly attentive staff, to the great location, to the room, to the new restaurant where you enjoyed breakfast and dinner.

Once again, thank you for taking you time to share your wonderful feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Travelling to Sydney for a show at Moore Park. Hotel we like at Surry Hills didn't have parking avaialable and recommended the Cambridge. Phone service to make booking was excellent. Parking area was fine with a small car - would be tight with larger vehicle. Check-in really easy. Upgraded from queen to balccony queen room. Thanks so much. Room impeccably clean. Pool is small and bath temperature but was good to stretch after long drive. Didn't have breakfast there but the bar was great for late night drink. All staff very friendly and helpful - able to leave the car while we had late breakfast and shopped the next morning at the same overnight parking fee.

Room Tip: Go for the queen if you can afford it. Space was good. The balcony queen was excellent as I think it...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear fooey1960,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel and for taking you time to share your feedback with us.
It is great to hear that the process from when you booked a room until when you left the hotel lived up to your expectations.
I am glad you enjoyed your upgrade and the hotel facilities. I am also pleased to know that our friendly staff were to your satisfaction.
Once again, thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel again.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I originally popped in, the Friday before Christmas, just to use their internet. Having to make an emergency email, rushing, sweating and in a bit of a mood due to the people I was dealing with over the phone (A storage company) the Staff was quite lovely and helpful; was a blissful day from then on. (Thank you Gary Smith and Kai)

After the New Year my partner and I desperately needed at least a day away from our renovating messy house, Cambridge was the first place that came to mind.

Jennifer was extremely kind and helpful over the phone, Dona was prompt at the front desk and we had a good laugh. Checking out, Gary Smith and Kai were, once again, lovely.

Amazing team work.

T.S Williams

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
CambridgeHotel, Front Office Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear T.S Williams,

Thank you very much for choosing that Cambridge Hotel for your recent stay, and thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful feedback with us.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Cambridge Hotel and that a pleasant first visit turned into a stay with us a short while after. All your comments about the friendly staff are highly appreciated and have been shared with my entire team. Comments like these really help to motivate the staff and bring up the standard to service to highest possible level.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here in early 2012 with our 11 month old baby. We were able to hire a cot and a 1 bedroom apartment which was handy for her sleep.

The kitchenette had less than we were hoping for (small fridge, sink and microwave) but was still sufficient. The decor was all new and it was impecibly clean. It was also very spacious, enough room for our baby to explore.

The staff were also very helpful!

The location is good; close enough to walk to the main city malls. We also found public transport close by that was very easy to use to catch a bus to the bridge or to Bondi.

I would recommend this accommodation to a friend :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Uptownerd,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your wonderful feedback with us, regarding your recent stay with us at the Cambridge Hotel.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel very recommendable. It is great that you enjoyed the spacious room and the new décor. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and that you got the most out of your stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed for three nights. The room was basic but very comfortable and clean. Front desk staff were attentive and efficient, even though some were new. For the cost, I thought it was excellent value all the way around. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Claudia R

Dear Claudia R,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel Sydney. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the rooms clean and comfortable. I am delighted to hear that the friendly front desk staff lived up to your expectations. Your comments have been shared with all front desk staff and definitely motivate us to keep up the good service.

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us. I am very glad to hear that you will happily return to the Cambridge Hotel, we will look forward to welcoming you back again.