“Great hotel for a very affordable price!”

Cambridge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #39 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed for three nights and were extremely happy with our room. It was clean and large enough for the two of us. The bed was comfortable and noise levels were what you would expect for a busy hotel in a busy city centre. I would definitely stay here again for the price and the Hotel's excellent location.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Nics70,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Cambridge hotel and thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and cleanliness, and that you had a comfortable stay.

I am also pleased to know that you will happily stay here again, we therefore look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge hotel again soon.

Warm Regards
Steven Gargano

Write a ReviewReviews (4,453)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed there for a week. I had a deluxe room with balcony. It was large (very large!), confortable, and with a nice balcony onlooking a small street. Overall, it was moderatly quiet (lots of street noise on Friday and Saturday evenings, due to partying around). But, it was very much within the bounds of acceptable. However, I noticed some construction work in the street, and I believe people facing the street must have had much more noise. The room was furnished with a very confortable bed, a nice sofa and a desk chair and desk, which was nice to work on. Everything was very clean. There was also a minibar and a fridge, and coffee and tea in the room. The bathroom is small but functional.
I regret that wifi is so expensive (13$ per day for a 3 day contract...). Furthermore, I found the staff efficient, but not overly welcoming. After a week, you would imagine that the staff would reckognize me at the front entrance, but no one ever said 'hi' in a week. You get regular (and annoying) phone calls from the reception asking you if everything is OK.
Overall, I would stay there again, because it is a great location, with an acceptable price.

Room Tip: I have not visited the fitness center and spa
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jerry68bis

Dear jerry68bis,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay with us at the Cambridge Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your large, comfortable room & balcony, and that you were happy with the location and price.

I am disappointed to hear that you felt the WIFI was expensive, as we just implemented a new internet system specifically to make the price a competitive pricing for Sydney standards. I am also upset to hear that you did not feel the staff lived up to your expectations and that you felt the hotel did not have character. The Cambridge Hotel is an independent boutique hotel and the departments and their respective management teams, including myself, do a lot to come up with innovative proposals and solutions in order to best meet the needs of our guests. We put emphasis on individualised service and it disappoints me to hear that you did not experience the standard of service we are known for.

I am glad to hear that you will stay with us again, and we therefore look forward to welcoming you back and show you the standard of service we are known for.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here in August and our first impression was a modern well run Hotel.
On arrivel we noticed construction work on the neighbouring building outside and the Western wing of the hotel, and heared it to.
We were assured it was the last day of construction so no worries about noise etc.
Next morning at 7:30 however we found out that was not the case, but after a sleepy/cranky phonecall the staff managed to relocate us to another room and did not charge us for the room. A very good and acceptable arrangement.
Overall the room was large, clean with good showers and other facilities.
Housekeeping made sure that everyday our room looked like new.
We had some problems with the keycards not working and a crooked TV but all in all staff managed to resolve it in a day or two so it really looked like they were making the extra effort.
Also very attentive when it comes to recommendations for restaurants, sightseeingtours and other adventures.
Its a hotel to be recommended and we would not mind staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Dutch Knight,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback with us, regarding your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel Sydney.
I apologise for the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us, but I am pleased that you felt the staff dealt with all the issues in a friendly and professional way. I am glad that you called the staff immediately so they were able to relocate you to another room straight away.
I am also pleased that you were satisfied with the housekeeping services, hotel facilities, and the knowledgeable staff.
Once again, thank you very much for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed in a twin double room which was more than adequate for our purpose of seeing a show in Sydney. Price was excellent at $135. A balcony off our room faced the city and also looked directly out to the Sydney Police Headquarters, so you would expect to be relatively safe in this precinct. It is hard to avoid city noise in the inner city areas but we did not worry too much about this. It is close to Oxford Street where we caught buses to all of our destinations after purchasing Travel 10's (ten rides) from a 7eleven store.

The hotel supplies a breakfast pack for one person if you need it for around $10 (includes a little cereal, packaged fruit, milk and juice).The room and bathroom were exceptionally clean and towels and toiletries were adequate. Slept well here. Rooms have been updated and are modern.

Carpark not easy to navigate and only good for small cars. This was my only time of stress whilst staying here but for $26 a night I made the effort.

Staff were pleasant and willing to assist with any enquiry! Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Ged4,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel Sydney and you taking your time to share your feedback with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the location, and that you had a comfortable stay.

I am also glad that you had a good experience with our friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Once again, thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stay at the Cambridge at least once a month for work. The staff have laways been insanely friendly. From the people on the front desk to the housekeeping staff to the dining room staff. Everyone acknowledges you and says hi.

The rooms are spacious, nicely decorated and modern. The beds are super comfy. I left a note in my room one morning asking for a softer pillow and came back to find 6 different fresh pillows on my bed with a lovely little note. The bathrooms are modern and spotless.

Some of the rooms at the moment have a lovely view of some scafolding of the building next door that is being worked on and others have a totally dud view altogether, but others even give you a glimpse of the Opera House.

The company I work for runs conferences there too and again, the staff are fantastic and the catering is great.

The Cambridge is located a street away from the iconic Crown Street which is jam packed with awesome restaurants and cafes and pubs. It's also just around the corner from Kings Cross too and within easy walking distance of 2 train stations (Central and Museum.......I think).

I would highly recommend the Cambridge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Harbour side at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Geoffreyallan,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel and for taking your time to share your feedback with us.
I am so pleased to hear that a guest who has stayed with us so many times is recommending the Cambridge in such a wonderful manner.
I am glad to know that our guests are acknowledged and feel at home at the Cambridge. It delights me to hear that the time and effort our staff puts into customer service and innovative solutions are appreciated by our guests.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments regarding you stays at the Cambridge and we always look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here in September and i just felt i need to say the service here is unbeatable. The Front Desk staff are on the ball and they greet you constantly and its not just a nod of the head. The room was super spacious up on the 12th floor and the bathroom was the cleanest i have ever seen. I come to Sydney twice a year and this hotel will be place of stay. Afet reading the reviews in regards to the construction site next door i rang before i booked and they advised me that its completed with only a few interior fittings to be done.
I love when people tell the truth as they were absolutely correct. .
Had the best nights sleep on what can only be described as a super comfy king size bed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank C

Dear Frank C,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel, and for your lovely comments regarding your stay with us.

I am very glad to hear that the core value of hospitality, namely service, was to your great satisfaction.

We make an effort to inform our guests of all changes and updates being worked on so that they are satisfied. It pleases me to hear that you were advised accordingly and correctly informed.

I am also delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that the cleanliness was tip-top.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Excellent all round. Great location. Friendly staff. Close to lots of eating areas and attractions. Very quiet and very clean. Breakfast was good and good variety. Room service well priced. Very quick check in and check out no waiting at all. Overall a wonderful stay would definitely come again with the family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Catvorm

Dear Catvorm,

I would like to thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel Sydney.

I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your overall stay, including hotel, swift check-in and check-out, friendly staff and great location.

Thank you for taking your time to leave your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Cambridge Hotel again soon.