“Value for money”

Ranked #37 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Adelaide, Australia
“Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was pleasently suprised after the reviews. I have stayed in many hotels and this although not right in city was a short taxi ride to Surry Hill, walking distance to city and Oxford street. I actually pefered this location. The lobby erc was very basic but tidy. The rooms were a good size with lounge, table and desk. The bathroom was updated and clean! It was nice not to experience hairs from other guests :). I would recommend this hotel. The price was great and hotel was value for money. I had a great experience at the Cambridge and will stay again! Just make sure the 50 deposit get released in a timely manner.

• Stayed April 2012
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Dear Bear80,
Thank you very much for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at the Cambridge Hotel.

We encourage our guests to share all their experiences with us on open forums, so we know what we are doing right, and where we can improve. I appreciate your support in this matter.
I am very glad that you enjoyed your spacious room, the renovated bathroom and the location, and that we met your expectations, and delivered good value for money. I am very pleased that you had a great experience with us.

The $ 50 deposit is released on check out. However the release of the funds is governed by each individual bank.
Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any further questions in regards to the pre authorisation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel.

Steven Gargano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I arrived early (about 11:30 am) but thought I'd pop in and ask if I could stow my luggage until 2pm check in. The staff at the desk were super friendly and helpful and checked to see if the room was ready. It was! No extra charge and it was great to get settled before going out to explore Sydney! The room was very clean and well appointed. I stayed in room 710 and it was very quiet and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was great and included in my rate which was great value. The hotel is close to Hyde Park and an easy walk to all the sights. All the staff I met were friendly and very helpful. I can't say enough about how wonderful and knowledgeable they are! I will definitely stay again next time I'm in Sydney! :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sylvia,
Thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay with us.
I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay, and that our staff exceeded your expectations. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, the breakfast and the location.
I will proudly share your comments with our staff. This motivates us to keep striving towards excellent guest services.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel in the near future.
Warm Regards
wellington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

arrived early after a long international flight-first person i met at recpetion was a bit grumpy and told me to come back iat 2pm (5 hours away),but would hold my luggage. I went out for a coffee and noted a new change in staff,approached a new person who was very helpful and checked me straight away,even upgraded me as hotel was full.
Room was spacious,clean and quiet. Comfy bed,new crispy sweets,soft pillows,plasma tv's,leather couch,big opening windows,air con,big bathroom with shower and bath.
Great place to stay,lots of good shops,cafes,coffee etc in area,and cheap in a taxi to town,bondi coogee or the cross if ya wanna get away from the lively oxford st area od surry hills you are in.
Only slight gripe was the lifts in the building were activated by ya room card and twice mine didnt work so i ended up stucking going up and down for 20mins.
Great hotel and really good value-less than $150 a night-and most the staff are really helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Ziggyzee,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Cambridge Hotel Sydney. I am grateful that you have taken your time to review your stay.
Please except our apologises for the staff member’s attitude on your arrival. We attempt, as far as possible, to have the room’s ready for our early arrivals. Check in is not guaranteed before 2 pm, this allows our housekeeping team time to thoroughly clean rooms after check out at 10:30 am.

I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly at steven@cambridgehotel.com.au to further discuss the staff members attitude.
Thank you for the great comments towards other staff, room amenities and the hotel facilities. It is through guest feedback that we know what we do right and what we have to improve.
I look forward to speaking with you personally.

Alton, Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Very easy to get to all the sights of Sydney. The room looked in need of a re-decoration and it was located on the next floor up from the pool. The rooms are set around it in an Atrium style.
Breakfast was too expensive so wnet elsewhere. Good value though - compared to others.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Jessiesdad,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very grateful for all guest feedback. We are always striveing to achieve the highest of guest satisfaction. I am sorry to heart that we did not meet your expectations in regards to the décor of your room. As I can understand from your comment, you were staying in our Atrium room section which is continually undergoing a soft refurbishment.
I am glad that you have enjoyed the location of the hotel and that we were able to provide good value for money.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the breakfast. We are constantly undertaking competitor analysis and are happy to say that we offer the most competitive priced buffet breakfast of all our competitors. We have now implemented a new breakfast promotion which will provide a better selection for an affordable rate.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel in the near future.

Chantilly, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed in #1407. We heard lots of street noise well into the night. Room had a funky smell which either dissipated throughout the week or we just got used to it. The room seemed clean except for the stained upholstered chairs - not very inviting. On the positive side - the room was very large with a very large (and powerful) shower. Nice toiletries too. I would recommend spending a few extra dollars to stay somewhere a bit nicer and perhaps closer to the attractions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tinchantilly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Cambridge Hotel. It is only through guest feedback that we know what we are doing right and where we need to improve. I have informed our Maintenance and Housekeeping Manager and they have both investigated the room for the odour and the noise disruption. Unfortunately we were unable to locate any funky smell’s in this particular room. I am very sorry for this inconvenience. Please contact me directly as I would like to discuss the issues raised with you, we keep extensive logs of guest feedback and cannot locate if this was reported to our staff. We pride ourselves on actioning guest feedback and I do want to ensure that this is happening and that if this was reported why we did not action this during your stay. In regards to the noise level, we are currently replacing all windows and glass sliding doors with sound proof glassing. I am happy that we have met your expectations in regards to the bathroom and its toiletries. I do hope we can convince you to give us a second chance to show you that we are committed to guest satisfaction and how we have used your feedback constructively.

Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed 5 nights at Cambridge Hotel. It has a very good location within walking distance to Circular Quay. Given that Sydney generally is so expensive, Cambridge is affordable. So it can be highly recommended.

Room Tip: The corner rooms at the higher floors have a wonderful view, and you get a lot more sunshine, which...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi hlhbDenmark,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Cambridge Hotel. I am happy that we were able to meet your expectations and I am glad that you have found the Cambridge Hotel very competitively priced. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. “Paa gensyn!” as you would say in Danish.

Warm Regards
Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

As recommended by friends I bought my wife and 2 children down for a weekend to the city, after a long drive in our room, complimentry chocolates.The front desk manager whom couldn't have helped us more, with local information and directions, recommendations to some great local pubs with great food. The kids loved the indoor pool after a busy day! Great will be returning soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
StevenGargano, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, January 21, 2016
Hi Chris C,

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and it’s pleasing that all aspects of the hotel met your expectations. Thank you again for your sharing, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards