“Trusted Brand”

Ranked #85 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

The room is new and modern concept. We immediately settle down because of it of its comfortable envornment. Location is great considering it is close enough to everything such as food entertainment and point of interest.

• Stayed: June 2012
Bradley B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thanks for taking some time to post a comment after staying with us recently, it is very much appreciated. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back at some time again in the future.

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,572)

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed one night to watch Christmas fireworks and celebrate daughter's birthday. Check in was painless, rooms (510, 511)were good and stall were very friendly. Location is superb: short walk to Darling Harbour attractions; nearby restaurants offer good value & variety. Would definately stay again. I left my digital SLR camera in the room on check out; called later in the day and housekeeping had found it and put it aside for me to claim and collect. Thank you to all staff.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Grandalf242

Your feedback is much appreciated, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to be able to welcome you back again next time you are visiting Sydney.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

The service at the front desk was not bad, nothing to write home about. The location was good as it was only a few minutes walk from the harbour (chinatown) but the wifi costs were ridiculous... Even the McDonald's across the road was offering free wifi!! Shocking! The sauna, steam room and whirl pool area was a bit of a joke.. It seemed a bit cramped. But overall, not bad for a few nights stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Emmajneck

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback after your recent stay with us. Your comments are much appreciated. Your feedback regarding the charges associated with our Internet access have been passed onto our Front Office Manager for review and consideration as we are in the process of reviewing the charges for this service - it is feedback such as yours that will ensure that we can continue to meet our guests expectations moving forward.

Once again, we thank you for your valued comments and feedback.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We took 2 family rooms for 7 nights via Wotif. Upon arrival, check-in was seamless and we were in our rooms within 10 minutes.

Went to rooms, and were pleasantly surprised to find the rooms clean and comfortable. As said, we took 2 rooms, but we found that, though both were family rooms, they were of different sizes. The first room (737) was located right next to the elevator, and was of a smaller size, while another room (733) was further away and was more spacious, thus allowing my kids to play on their own within the room, without getting into our ways when we were tidying up the luggages. As said in other comments, beds and pillows were good, and there was a good selection of TV channels to keep us occupied. Bathroom was sparkling clean, and I was particularly impressed by the hotel's thoughtfulness in putting up a sticker at the showering area, reminding hotel guests to be cautious against slippery bathtub, and instructing them on the correct procedures to place the anti-slip mat. This friendly reminder was just so cool, especially when I've never seen other hotels doing that!

30 minutes later after checking in , I realized that I'd need to get an adapter to charge my iPhone, and also to get the login ID & password for the WiFi. Upon checking with Front Desk staff, was informed that all adapters were taken by other guests, but I could still get my phone charged FOC at the lobby! Sounds cool huh? Following, I inquired about WiFi access, and having checked through our reservations, I was told that our reservations were for rooms only, without complimentary WiFi. Having said that, the Front Desk lady immediately commented:" I've checked, Sir, that you'll be staying with us for 7 nights, and I think it'll be harsh to expect you to go without internet for that period. Since it's within my authority, I'll provide with you complementary WiFi during your period of stays with us for both rooms." This simple, yet thoughtful goodwill gesture from this lady will always make me appreciate Holiday Inn Darling Harbor, and I can confidently say that, if ever I were to return to Sydney, I'll definitely know where I'll be staying!

One peculiar note with the Housekeeping ladies: we've used the cups & glasses in our rooms prior to leaving the rooms to explore Sydney, and these cups and glasses were prominently left on the minibars. However, there were a few days when, after our return to the rooms, we found that the rooms were perfectly made, but for some baffling reasons, these chambermaids were just leaving the cups and glasses unwashed on the exact location that we had left them! We didn't bother to inform the hotel there and then, 'cos we simply thought of this being an isolated incident, and we just washed them up again when we needed to use them.

The night prior to our check out, I check with the Front Desk to see if it would be alright for us to check out at 13:00hr the next day. The Front Desk lady (a different but equally charming lady) replied to us apologetically that standard check-out time was 11:00hr, but she immediately offered to us an alternative: Join the Priority Club program for free to enjoy all privileges, and she'd immediately arrange for us to enjoy the late check-out feature for tomorrow! I was totally impressed by her professionalism in informing us the standard check-out time, and then her immediate subtle and persuasive marketing skills for the Priority Club program! We were just so totally sold by her! Good job!

As we were with kids who preferred Chinese food, we didn't have the opportunity to try out the F & B outlets, but I'm sure the staffs attending to these outlets would have been as outstanding to creating a loving dining experience for all diners.

Thank you Holiday Inn Darling Harbor! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay with you! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Try getting corner rooms for if you need more space.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank TayChuenSiang

Your feedback after your recent stay is highly valued and appreciated. We are pleased to read that your enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding the glassware in your room have been passed onto our Executive Housekeeper to follow-up as this situation should not have occured during your stay - we do thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Once again, we thank you for your valued comments and feedback.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour, was really ideal for exploring Sydney. Stayed here for a couple of nights after disembarking from cruise ship. Brilliant staff from minute you walk through the door. Welcoming reception. and concierge really helpful regardless of how busy. a credit to the Holiday Inn chain.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and also your time in Sydney. We look forward to welcoming you back to another Holiday Inn at some time in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel was very nice, very modern compared with a few other Sydney hotels I've stayed in. Rooms are clean, spacious and modern. We were upgraded to a Deluxe Queen room (I think) with complimentary internet which was great as my friend I was staying with has been travelling for weeks from overseas and it is nice to be able to get back in touch with people without having to pay ridiculous fees.

The service was great, friendly and helpful with my questions - they were genuine & had a great attitude.

Location is great, right near Paddy's, Chinatown and Darling Harbour. It makes for the perfect place to stay on a weekend. Lots of good food around as well, and a short walk to Central station. I think there was a hotel shuttle for those who are in need of transfers to the airport.

No pool in the hotel, which is fine - the girl who checked us in was apologetic for the lack of pool which I thought was nice :) There is a gym though.

Highly recommend this place for anyone who is visiting Sydney for the first time - the location is great and there are so many things to do within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Your comments are much apreciated and we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to be able to welcome you back to another Holiday Inn at some time very soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Another stay at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour. Good position, nice room, great food in both JB's bar and Shipley's restaurant. But the best thing about the stay was the friendly staff, entertaining bartenders, helpful and obliging restaurant staff and great check in / check out people. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tdeadman

Thank you so much for your knid comments after your recent stay with us, they are very much appreciated and have been passed on to all relevant staff. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are visiting the Darling Harbour area.