Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$394
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$240
$164
$158
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$216
$131
Hotels.com
$252
$180
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$130
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
$202
1,190 results
All reviewskings crosstrain stationvictoria streetopera housebondi junctionihg membera harbour view roomcity skylinecoles supermarketconvenient locationhotel is situatedbit datedcomfortable hotelbotanic gardensan upgradebuffet breakfastpublic transport
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had to spend a few days in our Sydney office in Darlinghurst and when looking forward hotels within walking distance of the office I found the Holiday Inn which I recognised immediately. I had stayed there in the '90's and found it a reasonable hotel then.
It has obviously gone through a name change, I think it was the Parkroyal before, and of course a few refurbs, but all in all a nice hotel at very good rates.
Check-in was speedy and untroubled, the rooms are well appointed, clean and the bed comfortable with pillow comfort choices.
The only down was the bathroom not having ab separate shower and bath, but that is minor.
Security is good, and the restaurant bar comfortable but noisy, wooden floors instead of carpet which would have given it a cosier quieter ambience. The food for breakfast is very good, and evening meals are more along a snack to cafe style at reasonable prices.
All in all a nice hotel, great position, near transport and close to city and very good room prices for Sydney.

Room Tip: Pay a bit eaxtra for a harbour view if you are holidaying
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rod Y
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Rod Y,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

After a very disappointing night at another hotel we checked in to Holiday Inn, Potts Point and immediately asked ourselves why we didn't book here in the first place. The hotel lobby was spacious and airy, the receptionist was extremely efficient and we were given an extremely comfortable room with a terrific view. We were pleased to be quite high up, heard no noise from the streets or clubs below and had a couple of really comfortable nights. The beds are supremely comfortable, something we have found to be the case in most Holiday Inns, also the choice of firm or soft pillows is an appreciated extra. We headed for the bar on our first evening and the service there was terrific, friendly and efficient. We ate once in the hotel restaurant and found the choice of dishes adequate and the quality and service just fine. Breakfasts were good. This hotel is really well located for public transport and we would definitely return. We would have rated this hotel excellent but for the tariff which is a bit steep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julian B
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Julian B,

Thank you for taking the the time to leave your review on Holiday Inn Potts Point. We really appreciate your feedback, and it was really good to to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding our service, room and breakfast offerings. We are waiting to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I staid in a HARBOUR VIEW room on the 5th floor for 4 nights.

While this hotel is certainly dated and needs a big renovation rather soon, I very much appreciated and enjoyed the amazing view on the city's skyline, St Mary's church, the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House (though you see the Opera House 'only' from the back). The 4m wide window is a great feature!

Also, the hotel is only a 5min walk from The Finger Wharf, where you can enjoy good food and wine at this small harbour.

I walked from the hotel all the way to the Opera House, crossed the Harbour Bridge and walked back through the Royal Botanic Gardens. This is a comfortable 3h sightseeing walk!

The rooms are well sized.
The bed is comfortable.
The in-room work station is practical and good for working some hours.
The internet speed is good (I bought the 1 week package).

Room Tip: Choose a HARBOUR VIEW room. While the 5th floor offered great views on the city, I reckon you get these views from the 2nd floor upwards.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MiKuSing

Dear MiKuSingapore,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point.I was really happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding our location, service and spectacular room. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a long weekend visiting Sydney.

The hotel was centrally located in Kings Cross next to a subway station entrance. A convenient location and I felt safe even when walking to hotel at night.

The hotel had a modern (typical middle-range) business hotel furnishing - neutral and functional. My room was more spacious than expected, with decent views over Kings Cross streets. However, people from surrounding office buildings could look at the room clearly.
Furnishing in the room was functional and again.

Check-in and check-out were speedy and front office staff was helpful with my enquiries.

I did not dine at the hotel restaurant so could not comment on its food quality or option.

I thought my stay was good values. I will have no problem staying at the hotel again if I visit Sydney (though Sydney is not intriguing to me).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank KeepDiscovering

Dear KeepDiscovering,

Thank you for taking your time to post your review following your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was glad to to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our one week stay at this hotel, the reception staff , Jared and Jason were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were well appointed . The extensive breakfast ensured a good start to the day! Great hotel and highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank div518

Dear div518,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding our service, rooms and quality breakfast. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.