“Wouldnt stay again”

Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney
Ranked #68 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed for one night and had, had a really long day.
There were noisy people in the room next door but the hotel staff were unable to do anything about it.
If you are after a quiet night don't stay as the walls thin and staff wont stop noise makers.
The rooms are clean and there is secure parking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear 3031694,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Potts point. I am very disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay, Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment this has caused and I would like to thank you for your feedback.

Ashwin Chetty

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn last week. The Hotel is in the heart of Potts Point and very vibrant area of Sydney. The CBD and Opera House are all a short cab ride away.
The hotel has a nice breakfast buffet liked the Juicer to make your own drinks and decent bar later in the day.
I would recommend getting a room that faces the back of the Hotel as you have views of the Sydney Opera House and the Bridge also I would guess the front rooms might have noise from the streets.
All in all basic but delivers what you would expect for a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ndynamic,

Thank you for taking your time to leave your review following your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, we really appreciate your feedback regarding our service & quality breakfast. We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I spend a Friday and Saturday night here at the beginning of Feb 2013. I rate it quite high for value and location. The rooms are decent and good value (for Sydney). The breakfast was very good. It is also very close to Kings Cross station which is handy. Note though that King's Cross is an area with some street people. While it's not as risque as Pigale in Paris, my impression is its safer than a lot of downtown areas in major US cities, say San Francisco for instance. Personally I'd avoid Darlinghurst Rd and that subway entrance with young children, especially at night. Fortunately, there is subway access near the hotel that avoids going down Darlinghurst. I'd readily recommend it to couples looking for a decent value Sydney hotel.

Room Tip: I upgraded to a view room and was happy I did.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear StayedHereB4,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for acknowledging our quality breakfast buffet. I will share your comments with my team team and hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in this hotel, the service was good and the staff were polite, the room was clean and comfortable.
Because I'm a gold IHG member they upgraded us and got a free newspaper every day, we didn't dined in because of the location you have a variety of restaurants near by were you get better value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Salvad0rena,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay during our honeymoon trip. The location of the hotel is quite far from the CBD but it is accessible by train, which is right outside the hotel. We were upgraded to a harbour view room where you can see the harbour bridge and opera house from the room. Though the room is obviously getting old, refurbishment could be done soon. There is a not-so-good smell in the bathroom every morning. Not sure where it is coming from.

The staff were accommodating and always willing to help. We were also delighted with the complimentary bottle of wine and fruits sent to our room to celebrate our recent marriage. Good job, Jared, Amy, Jason, Bobby and Alister! Thanks guys for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear jnadres,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for acknowledging our team members, I will share your comments with the team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed just for 1 night, and I must say , we were pleasantly surprised by a number of things: our room for the 3 of us, one extra bed, was quite spacious. The room and bathroom were very clean. We came before actual check-in time, but were able to move in rightaway.
The staff at the desk were very professional and friendly. We had dinner and a drink at the hotel's dining room and everything was quite satisfactory. After we checked out the next day, we could leave our luggage to allow us to stay downtown until our pick up in the afternoon. I have no problem recommending this hotel, especially since the price was very reasonable and the location was excellent

Room Tip: I booked on-line
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear hamlet2004,

Thank you for taking your time to leave your review following your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, we really appreciate your feedback regarding our service & cleanlinesses. We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

With so many hotels to choose from, how in the world does one choose? When I read that Richard Branson not only puts his crews up at this hotel but that he too stays there, I thought it was a lock. One of the best moves I've ever made! The room was spacious, beautiful decor and the linens made the rest even more delightful! The beds were very comfortable and made it difficult to get out of!!!

The breakfast was one of the best we had while in Australia. They had it all! Every kind of egg and coffee that you could think of. The juice bar was delicious! Do not hesitate to do their breakfast. When we return to Sydney, we will be staying here again. While some say the neighborhood is rough, we didn't find that the case at all. There are so many great restaurants and bars nearby that we didn't even need a cab. Also the train station is less than 2 block away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear flyin4fun,

Thank you for taking the the time to leave your review on Holiday Inn Potts Point. We really appreciate your feedback, and it was really good to to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding our service, room and breakfast offerings. We are waiting to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.