“Great Location, Great Value For $$.”

Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney
Ranked #67 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had to stay here recently with work for 3 nights. Its location was fantastic, you can pretty much walk anywhere within the CBD from this property. There are some really great restaurants on Victoria Street right on your doorstep so food is never hard to find in that part of town.

Scored an upgrade to a harbour view room thanks to my Platinum Priority Club status. Room was clean and met all my expectations.

The staff are friendly and efficient and most importantly this property really offers value for money.

I would surely stay at this property again. Thanks Holiday Inn Potts Point!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear VoyageReport,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I am glad to see that your enjoyed our location & service. Your comments are very much appreciated and I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Ashwin Chetty

Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend and it was reasonably good stay. Service from staff was good and breakfast was good too. Rooms are spacious and we had no good views. I suppose the price I paid was acceptable and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Luxurious88,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding our service, rooms and quality breakfast. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

After much deliberation we decided to stay at this hotel and I must say even though it was expensive it was the best decision ever. Great location, opp Kings Cross station. Superb takeaway restaurants and cafe's around the corner. But then again there are other options to choose from in this area. So what's The Holiday Inn at Potts Point got that no one else has? Asst. Manager JARED TAN. We stayed here for 5 nites and his suggestions for shopping at the DFO, The Blue Mountain tour, the best Sushi, Pancakes and Messina's gelato around the corner ensured that shopoholics and food lover's like myself got to sample the best that Sydney had to offer.I have travelled extensively across Europe, Africa and the US in the last 10yrs and can honestly say that the personal attention Jared gave us was unparalled, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Sydney.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jasleenbhatty

Dear jasleenbhatty,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for acknowledging our assistant manager JARED TAN, I will share your comments with the team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This place works like clockwork so a great business or travellers hotel. Easy parking, lift straight to lobby, fast booking online or by phone and fast check in.

Probably the best check on- out service possible.

The view towards the harbour is spectacular if you want to pay the extra $40-$50 a night and maybe worth it as the rooms are really basic. They obviously didn't use an interior decorator here.

Saying that all worked.
No complimentary water which is annoying at $290/ night.

Location is great on the Cross near loads of eateries and bars and Kings X train Station.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear ScambusterSZ,

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here for two nights. It was convenient to drop off our Hertz car a couple blocks away after driving up the coast, and I noticed other rental car offices nearby. The breakfast and internet were very expensive, as was the room. Maybe all the places in Sydney are, but it seemed excessive. The ventilation was noisy, and the air conditioning did not work very well. There is a subway station right outside the door, so you can take a train downtown, or you can walk to the harbour if you have a little time. I got bad advice about taking the shuttle to the airport. For two, it would have been much faster and not any more expensive to take a taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Sydney Harbour. We only found out that this was possible by talki...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeeTheWorld4Peace
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear SeeTheWorld4Peace,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at holiday Inn Potts Point. I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with a few aspects of your stay. Your comments are very much appreciated as they enable us to assess the standard of our guest experiences . Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I always like staying at this hotel. It is well located at the top of the Cross, the rooms are comfortable, the staff are help and the breakfast is good. The room rates are reasonable and overall, the hotel is good value. Being in the Cross, it can be noisy particularly on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and it's advisable to get a West facing room away from Victoria Street.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Martin W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Situated in the bustle of Kings Cross Village in tree-lined Victoria Street, opposite Kings Cross railway station, this hotel works well as a workshop venue. The workshop room was light with access to an outside terrace. Service was delivered with a smile, fruit was part of every refreshment, good coffee was available any time, lunch was varied and nothing was too much trouble. I stayed as well as worked in the hotel and my room was a good size and well presented while breakfast was miles better than most hotel buffets. I enjoyed the experience and the workshop participants found access easy by bus, train or on foot.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Vivien T,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was very happy to see that you found our hotel suitable for your business needs during your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding our location, service and quality breakfast. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.