“Awesome Service - awesome view”

Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney
Ranked #61 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Potts Point after a 6 hour train journey from Tamworth Music Festival to Sydney just for one night, but what a stay it was. When I got up to my room on the 7th floor, I wasn't until I rolled up the blackout blind that I was 'wowed' with the awesome view, everything in the room became insignificant. I had an uninterrupted view of the city skyline, but more importantly, the Harbour bridge and the Sydney Opera House, and is if by magic at that precise moment The Sea Princess Cruise glided under the harbour bridge. It couldn't have been more perfect.
Back in the room, I had a king bed with a feather duvet, which was probably a little overkill, as Sydney was extremely hot!! The room was very clean and tidy, as expected and the bathroom was a beautiful marble tile with shower over the bath. Room service was fast and convenient, as was breakfast in the morning. I had already been offered a late checkout as I am a Priority Club member, which meant I could explore the city in the morning without rushing to pack for my flight.
Location was super convenient, a couple of metres away from the Kings Cross station, I was able to jump on and off the trains for most of the day.
Thanks Holiday Inn for an awesome ending to a fantastic first trip to Australia.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Welsh_in_NZ,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your fantastic feedback regarding our harbour view rooms, cleanness, service and quality breakfast. I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Agree with other reviewers about spectacular view, convenient location and quality of facilities. the building is a bit dated, but in excellent condition. the only drawback is windows cannot be openend so no fresh air unless you go out to the front patio where smokers are gathering! Staff are just great, just look for Ms Zorana and she'll solve all your hotel related problems! Great value for money!

Room Tip: choose a room floor number plus 15 maximum to get the great views!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear LaohuPenang,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed stay with us and thank you for acknowledging our staff members, particularly Zorana from reception. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is in a superb location for couples/friends/singles... I wouldn't recommend it for families given its right on the cusp of kings cross (not the safest of places) but great location if you want to party. Spectacular rooms if you get a harbour view room, close walking distance to the city centre and the harbour via wollomoloo. The KX subway is next to the hotel so you can get anywhere in a jiff. The reception staff are amazing, Always smiling when I stay and remember my face if I'm there enough. You won't be disappointed for the price you pay, for the location, and for the service. For a Sydney hotel it gets my tick. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear RPKE,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point.I was really happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding our location, service and spectacular room. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Take a Harbour View room, and wow - what a view! I have stayed in this property numerous times over a 20 year period, and each time I come here and take one of these rooms the view always surprises.
The rooms are always well kept, clean and are large enough to accommodate all your needs. The bathrooms are spacious and in good condition, and the beds are very comfortable, with a choice of pillows!
The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, although room service can be quite slow, depending upon how busy things are in the hotel.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Take a Harbour View room if you can afford it - well worth it in my opinion - the higher up the bett...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear MagpieCanberra,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased to hear that your stays are always comfortable and enjoyable at the Holiday Inn Potts Point. Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not bad hotel - tired but ok. Wifi is extortionate and slow which became extremely frustrating as a business traveler. Mostly good service but laid back occasionally became lackadaisical. I asked about wifi on checkout and the receptionist said that everybody complains but there's nothing that can be done.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear chathamian,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. It remains our goal to ensure our guests experience a relaxing and rewarding stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point and I was very disappointed to see that this was not the case during your stay.

I have personally followed up the matter with the department managers concerned and we deeply regret the inconvenience this caused you.

We really appreciate your feedback and hope that you return to Holiday Inn Potts Point in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very close to the subway station. The hotel is very good and friendly staff. Be careful at night in the surroundings. I reccomend it.
There is a regular bus line close to the hotel which takes you to downtown

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Hleme,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Holiday Inn Potts Point. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, transport to and from the hotel is seamless with Kings Cross station being located adjacent to the hotel. Thank you for your feedback regarding our cleanness and friendly staff. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I agree with all the comments this is a great location. The customer service however is absolutely terrible, did not matter what shift was on. They boarder on incompetence and desperately need customer service training... Take away the location I would rate this hotel a two star.

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbour View room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Graham P

Dear Graham P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. It remains our goal to ensure that our valued guests experience a relaxing and rewarding stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point and I was disappointed to see that this was not the case during your stay. Your comments are very much appreciated as they enable us to assess our guest experiences . Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.