“Very Noisy!”

Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney
Ranked #60 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Do not make the mistake we made and go here on a saturday night unless you want to feel like you are sleeping inside a night club. We moved the second night to a higher room "harbour side" but since we checked in with a baby you would think they would have the sence to put us in a quiet place for our first night. none of us got any sleep

We ate at the restarant where the service was slow, awful and the food was nothing special and overpriced.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tinkertoy
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear tinkertoy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. It remains our goal to ensure our valued guests experience a relaxing and rewarding stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point and I am very sorry to learn that this was not the case during your stay.

I have personally followed up the matter with the department managers concerned and we regret for the inconvenience that this caused.We really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had a ground floor room which was quiet and had a nice view of greenery, not what you would expect in Kings Cross. Loved the fact that Kings Cross station is literally next door, and the buffet breakfast which includes a juicer with numerous fruits and veggies ready to juice. Beds were very comfortable and the shower was therapeutic. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Kirsten B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was glad to see that you were happy with your overall stay with us and that you would like to return in the future. We really appreciate your feedback regarding our comfortable beds, location and quality breakfast. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was completely disappointed with Holiday Inn Potts Point. I made a reservation through the number provided on the Holiday Inn web page for a room for 3 adults. I was told we would get a queen bed and a roller bed.

On arrival at Holiday Inn we were asked how many people we staying in the room. I said three, as per our booking (and what we paid). She told me they don't offer rooms for three adults and we must have made a mistake. I told her "No, we called the reservation line and that was what we were provided". She then circled my reservation saying, "It says here, 1 queen bed" - in a rather condescending tone. However, right underneath that, it was highlighted as "3 adults" and I was told it would be a roller bed. She then asked if I had spoken to someone in Manila and said, "I bet they couldn't speak very good English". I told her that wasn't my problem that Holiday Inn choose to outsource their bookings to a company abroad. I was still made to feel as though this whole issue was my fault based on the fact that I rang the number provided on the web site (?).

We still went to our room and were told our options were: either they manage to find a rollaway from another hotel, or we had to find other accommodation.

That is just not acceptable. After 20 minutes, they were able to find a bed from the hotel accross the road and put it in the room whilst we were away. Despite this, I was still unhappy with the service and an apology was never issued.

Utterly terrible service. I will never stay in a Holiday Inn again and will recommend others avoid it too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer C

Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Potts point. I am very disappointed to here that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay, in particular with reference to your room allocation. I would like to assure you that we do endeavour to meet our room requests of all our guests at all times, however during periods of high occupancy this can often be difficult. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment this has caused and I would like to thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Used the hotel as our base in Sydney, staying in a comfortable room on the 4th floor, which afforded a view of the city & harbour bridge. The dingy corridors leading to rooms were in need of refurbishment and a new colour scheme.
We didn't use the restaurant or bar, but chose to eat in some of the cafes & bars within a short walking distance of the hotel. The Kings Cross area is pretty seedy, with strip joints and bars, but feels safe enough if you stay on the main streets.
Proximity to the station is a real plus and a day ticket, which covers train, bus & ferries is a bargain not to be missed.
The hotel charge for wifi is unacceptable, when you can get 2 free half hour sessions daily on the ferries and can connect up for the price of a cup of coffee in many cafes!
Unexceptional!

Room Tip: Ask for harbour view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MLW28,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was happy to see that your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed the view of the city and the harbour. Kings Cross is well known for its night life for those who enjoy a good night out . We also offer complimentary internet for 20 minutes in our lobby area and restaurant. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I spent one night on November 8th at this Holiday Inn on my way to Indonesia via Sydney. The deciding factor in booking at this hotel was my PC membership. Having been spoiled by the lavish Orchard City Centre Holiday Inn (Singapore) and Holiday Inn Resort Port Vila (Vanuatu) my first ever stay at a 'standard' H.I. was bound to be a non-comparison. Nevertheless, some things about Potts Point Holiday Inn are worth mentioning.

Firstly, in comparison to other IHG hotels, the H.I. Potts Point was good value for money. Secondly, I've always found Potts Point to be a great base for exploring Sydney in the past.

I checked in quite late after my flight from Brisbane and was relieved that reception had already checked me in as a Platinum member - so no waiting around the lobby for paperwork. The room itself was clean but dated, but it had a great view of the back of the Opera House and Sydney Harbour at night. The bed was comfortable and the cupboard space was plentiful enough although the lack of power points for recharging was bothersome as I could only charge one thing at a time. The bathroom was clean, the towels were fine and the toiletries were the usual H.I. type found world-wide. These are OK, but I would recommend using your own brands if you stay for more than a few days!

After a restful night, I was checked out smartly by reception early the next morning. Overall, I found my first time at a standard H.I. to be OK; nothing spectacular, but good enough for an overnight trip. I would recommend this hotel to readers as I will - most likely - be using this hotel in the future for overnight stop-overs in Sydney.

If my report helped in your decision-making, please take the time to click the "Was this review helpful to you?" button located below. This is the only feedback I receive and I appreciate your acknowledgement.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ExLibris76

Dear ExLibris76,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was glad to see that you were happy with your overall stay with us and that you would like to return in the future. Your feed back is very much appreciated and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was given a harbour view room only when I reminded the staff at check in. Happy to get it. There was beautiful firework show just off the Opera House in the evening which I did not expect. Hotel staff could have extended good service by telling guest the firework schedule.
The staff are friendly though.

The location is not ideal for business travel. The place is full of pubs and joints.
The small sushi bar next to Cole is offer reasonable price lunch and dinner menu.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear 1place1dream,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at Holiday Inn Potts Point. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the fireworks from from your room. Your comments are very much appreciated as they enable us to assess the standard of our guest experiences. For the fireworks for this New Years Eve, we will be providing all our guests with a information sheet and a map to ensure that the best vantage points, and gain an understanding of the facilities and services available in each location. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

A good stay. Friendly and helpful staff, clean facility - our room was spacious with a good allround view, nice restaurant, good and plentiful choice at breakfast, not overpriced and in a good location for getting around Sydney with ease. All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashwin C, Manager at Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Mijak,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
I am glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable and we hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Potts Point soon.