Holiday Inn Old Sydney
$152
Hilton
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$156
$100
$82
Good 3.5/5
  • Free Internet
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$126
$139
$135
Agoda.com
2,587 results
All reviewsrooftop poolrocks areaopera househarbour bridgegreat locationweekend marketcruise shiprocks marketoverseas passenger terminalshort walklobby barclose to circular quaybit datedgeorge streetbuffet breakfastan upgraderestaurants and bars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2012

stayed for 4 nights 21-25 october.had a twin room for 4 nights and a king room for my daughter and her partner on last night.
check in staff were great as i was using a comp night and had discount coupons to use as well.no prob for them and check in was a breeze.room {twin}was very nice,quite large and had a view of bridge and street.bathroom was spotless nad had all the nice comp soaps and shampoos etc.breakfast is very good with all the buffet choices and they also have a execellent egg station which will make what u want and bring it to your table.they also will make the most divine pancakes with cream and strawberries if u ask as well..brillant!

my daughters king size room was just as nice but with a beautiful view of circular quay harbour.
hotel is located in an execellent location,5m walk to ferries and train station and there is pubs and resturants all around hotel.
recommend walking over harbour bridge,walk starts very close to hotel and view is quite stunning,on otherside of bridge is a train station so u can catch train back.

on check out a mistake was made with my bill(my fault)and a credit was made the very next day to my account..execellent staff made for a great stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
TurnerMit, Acting Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Old Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear kiwipaul_8

Great to hear you loved your stay and our people so much. The hotel is a gem of Sydney and we hope you bring the family back for special occasions or just because.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed three nights. The rooms are tired and in desperate need of brining into the 21st Century. Would have been pretty spectacular in it's day with the atruim lobby!! The shower was obviously in water saving mode, and also leaking from the connection, so a bit hard to get wet! The bed was basic and both my husband and I found it didn't provide a good nights sleep. The female reception staff were extremely helpful, but when we complained to one of the male staff about the shower, he didn't seem much interested. Hope he actually did report it so future guests in room 503 manage to get a good shower!!
It is in a great location, close to lots of bars, restaurants etc and almost on the water. Have stayed there in the past, but had a room in a different area which is a bit noisy when the markets are being set up over the weekend.
This hotel is not cheap, and did not include breakfast, but it is convenient and does have valet parking (extra $s) if required.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking George Street when the markets are on to avoid early morning noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear AnnabelCanberra

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay. Just so you know we are constantly updating our hotel and bringing into line with our guests expectations. Our lovely heritage building will be getting the attention and care it needs without losing its ambience as a valued site in Sydney.

I am sorry you felt the male team member was uninterested, we do care very much from your impression of the other team members and can confirm your issues were logged into our systems for attention. It is through such feedback that we can continue to deliver a great hotel our guests love.

Thanks again

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed 2 nights over the weekend whilst in Sydney, the location is not to be beat it is close to everything and with lots of great restaurants close, there are the markets on the weekend at your door with lots of different shops.
The hotel is a little old but it has that magical feeling of warmth and the staff are very lovely, very happy to help. I would highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear jogopen

Thank you on behalf of the Holiday Inn Old Sydney. We appreciate your comments and recommendations. I agree that we definitely have warm and friendly staff that I am very proud of.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location. We stayed here for a week in August. There are many restaurants and attractions within walking distance making it very convenient. The hotel is within a fifteen minute walk to the opera-house with wonderful views. Excellent value for the location!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
TurnerMit, Acting Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Old Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear mally999

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Old Sydney and happy that you took advantage of all we, and Sydney, had to offer.

Hope to see you on your next trip to Sydney.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed here last weekend, great location, great priority benefits and AWESOME customer service :)
When we got to the room, standard room with a double bed and sofa bed it wasn't what I thought it be :(...it was old, it stunk and just didn't feel like air was able to circulate in there. The bathroom was smal, I felt like I was on board a boat then I pulled the shower curtain back and there was a black rubber square patch on the wall.
Later we proceeded to go on the roof top, spectacular view of the harbor and international marine terminal. The pool was ASIC and the spa had four jets at the most working at one time but inconvience the constant pressing f the jet buttons every 5mins. Later this same evening I used the shower and nearly passed out cause there was NO air vent and the steam from the shower had just accumulated in the bathroom that is when I discovered that the black rubber patch on the wall was actually covering the exposed air vent to which they figured would do the same job if they poked a few holes through it lol...I removed t and kept it off for the rest of our stay.
The aircon in the room was not working properly, t made me nose then air lol...all I can say is that it was a disappointment considering the asking price for these rooms, I can honestly say that if it wasn't for the customer service we recieved upon arrival, they would hae heard about it right there and then. Customer service was that good I could have stay in a shed and I wouldn't have cared lol....good job down at te front desk, you make that hotel pleasant :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Seeeuthere12

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. We appreciate your comments and love the fact that you loved our service.

It is disappointing to hear your views on the room and rooftop as this is not what is normally expected and presented to our guests. Please feel free to let our friendly staff know next time to allow us to fix these issues when you are at the hotel.

I look forward to meeting your expectations and showing you how we present our rooms better in the near future.