“Don't be afraid to try something new”
Review of Stacks Taverna

Stacks Taverna
Ranked #678 of 6,070 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Stacks Taverna is a unique venue, which combines all the greatest things in life… Flavoursome Food, Delicious Cocktails and Fantastic Live Entertainment. Sit back and relax in our funky cocktail bar while you snack on our small plates menu. Listen to the best live bands Sydney has to offer. Quench your thirst with a wide selection of tap beers; jugs of refreshing cocktails or perhaps our international wine list may tickle your fancy. Stacks also boasts a massive “BBQ Grill” which allows guests to interact with the cooking process. Choose to dine with our a la Carte menu. From fresh Seafood to wide selection of aged Meat, Stacks menu has something for everyone. Stacks Versatile menu makes it the perfect place to hold your next function. Treat your group to an experience they won’t forget!
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

This place never fails to deliver.

I've gone here a couple of times with friends and I never leave disappointed.

They have a variety of tapas dishes to choose from ($10 each). These include pan fried haloumi, salt and pepper calamari, tempura zucchini flowers, etc.

Their pizzas are perfect for sharing and they have a good selection to choose from. On my latest visit, a friend and I tried the Peking duck for the first time. We were pleasantly surprised with this as it really did taste like Peking duck - just on a pizza!

Their cocktail menu is also great! They have flavours such as Lychee Bull, Toffee Apple, Redskins and Sexy Time. They're all really refreshing and are individually unique.

I definitely recommend this place and would suggest that you try something that's out of your usual comfort zone of restaurant choices.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

After experiencing a few "snooty" staff in various venues nearby, it was great to be so welcomed and looked after at Stacks. Food and wine choices were good, well priced, but the standout was the service - made for a very enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Found this place on the last night of my stay and was disappointed I hadn't found it sooner. Happy hour from 5 to 7pm meant $5 beer and wine which was great and they had a spring menu special where you could choose two courses from a set menu which included a seafood salad entrée, sirloin steak main and I think a fruit / berry mix dessert. This with a glass of beer for only $25. I chose the entrée and main and was more than satisfied. The seafood salad was very nice and the sirloin was cooked perfectly medium as requested. It was the most tender steak I have had at a restaurant in a long time. I would recommend this place any day of the week and would be happy to return.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was a contiki included dinner for our official first night of our tour. I got the pineapple and ham pizza. A pretty substantial size for 1 person and also tasted good. Also had a glass of their house wine, cabernet sauvignon, which was just ok. We also got desert which was absolutely not bad at all. Will definitely recommend to friends.n

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Saw this restaurant whilst walking through Darling Harbour and booked a bench table outside for lunch in an hours time. Came back 45 minutes later with the rest of the family and our table of four had been given to a couple. Had to sit elsewhere. Kids options are about the saving grace for this place. Kids wagyu burger and pizza was great. My husband and I ordered the steaks cooked rare. They turned up well done. When we mentioned this to the waiter he was not happy and unsure what to do. Eventually someone else came over and wondered if we wanted replacement steaks. The replacement ones were cold. I imagine the chef was annoyed with having food returned to the kitchen, that he cooked the steaks for about 10 seconds each side. Yes they were rare alright! The fries weren't replaced and so they was as cold as the kids ice creams by the time we saw them again. Better restaurants in Sydney!

Nicks R, Manager at Stacks Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi Mandyfrance,

We apologise for the experience and service you received at Stacks. This is unusual as we pride ourselves on excellent service and quality product. We would like to resolve this, and will forward to management! We will continue to invest and focus our time on bettering our service! We hope to see you again at Stacks and thank you very very much for your feedback.

Best Regards