“A Rare Chocolate Treat to Share - By The Opera House”
Review of Max Brenner

Max Brenner
Ranked #32 of 52 Bakeries in Sydney
Neighborhood: Newtown
Neighborhood: Newtown
Sydney, Australia
“A Rare Chocolate Treat to Share - By The Opera House”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a treat a few friends had lunch at Max Brenner at Circular Quay adjacent to the Opera House. A salad and a range of sandwiches were selected- however they faded into the background when we saw the dessert menu. One selection was a three tier 'high afternoon tea' plate with one each the range of chocolate offereings provided by the restaurant (miniature in size).
These were thoroughly enjoyed along with delicious hot chocolates and chai lattes. Good service a wonderful outlook at the harbour, ferries and harbour bridge.
Note: The seagulls are very good at swooping for salmon on salads and sandwices, but what the heck- a great day with some brisk walking to burn of fthe calories.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Chocolate heaven, slow service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Weng here yesterday with some friends. Menu is good, with a variety of hot & cold drinks as well as yummy treats. We had dark & milk chocolate fondue with dipping fruit and banana bread- delicious.
The downside was that we had finished our food well before our hot drinks arrived.

• Visited April 2013
Coolangatta, Australia
“A Little Bit Naughty but Oh so Nice”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Dropped into Max Brenner for an indulgent end to the evening - The Chocolat - Dairy was superb in their gorgeous funky cups - My partner had the crepes with Banana, so delicious. Definitely a sugar hit for Supper or a lazy day pampering. Prices up there but the chocolate worth it !

Marrickville, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious, Surprisingly Good!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

A lazy Sunday afternoon, we had a craving for something sweet so we decided to pop down to the local Max Brenner in Newtown. Was my first time to a Max Brenner and I was pleasantly surprised by how good the chocolate was! We ordered a chocolate crunch pizza, which was covered in a nice thick layer of melted chocolate and topped with crunchy corn flakes, pecans, white chocolate & marsh mellows. The menu selection isn't massive, but I guess it's quality that counts, and the chocolate is awesome, can't wait till my next visit! The place was quite busy But the service was friendly and we didn't have to wait long for a table to free up.

• Visited July 2012
San Francisco, California
“great place for an afternoon snack”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

After an afternoon of walking around Newtown finding great bargains in the antique and secondhand stores, this was a great place to get out of the sun, have an afternoon snack, and rest for 30 minutes. The staff was so nice and my snack was great. It was a cinnamon chocolate chip breakfast bread thing which came with a pot of melted chocolate and since I probably wasn't coming back during this visit, I also got a cup of hot chocolate. Everything was yummy, I almost finished off my snack. I thought the place was charming and I'd definitely come back again.

• Visited January 2012