“Bronte to Maroubra walk”

Bondi to Coogee Beach Coastal Walk
Bondi Beach Walking Tour with Optional Bondi to Bronte Coastal Walk
More Info
$152.93*
and up
Private Bondi to Coogee Beach Coastal Walking Tour Including Gourmet Breakfast...
Ranked #2 of 488 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: A cliff top coastal walk, the Bondi to Coogee walk extends for six km in Sydney’s eastern suburbs. The walk features stunning views, beaches, parks, cliffs, bays and rock pools. The beaches and parks offer a place to rest, swim or a chance to eat at one of the cafes, hotels, restaurants or takeaways. All beaches offer picnic shelters, electric barbecues, play areas, kiosks, toilets and change-rooms. The walk is not difficult, there are medium gradient paths and several staircases with occasional seating. It takes about two hours to complete the Bondi to Coogee Beach section of the walk and another hour and a half if you choose to continue to Maroubra.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Fantastic walk on a beautiful day, sparkling water, breathtaking views, brilliant sunshine and blue skies, water bubblers, bins and picnic areas along the way, well-kept paths, information boards, everything on this walk was great, except perhaps the short distance from Coogee South to Lurline Bay where we had to leave the coast and walk through the roads. Bit of a shame, but still a great walk! I grew up in this area (Bondi, actually) and had my first swimming lessons at the age of 6 Coogee Ladies Swimming Club (McIvers Baths). I haven't revisited these Baths in 55 years and didn't realise until today what an idyllic spot I was privileged to have my first ocean-swimming experience in! I'll attach some photos to this comment.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,364)

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Awesome views, great weather. You can take in the lifestyle of the average Sydneyite as you go. Water fountains along way, handy when you forget to take a bottle and get thirsty.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

A great way to check out Bondi and the beautiful coast of Sydney. Plenty of nice places to stop on the way; if the weather's good, pack your swimmers and make a day of it, jumping into the sea at different spots.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We caught the train to bondi junction then bus to bondi beach - a bit hard to get to via public transport really. But once we were there we were glad we made the effort. Despite being the middle of winter we had a great day around 19 degrees with clear skies, perfect to enjoy this walk along the coast. We took around an hour and a half at a leisurely pace. It was fantastic!!! Highlight of our weekend in Sydney. Great scenery. Loved it!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

In my humble opinion the Bondi coastal walk is better than the one on Manly island. I arrived in the late afternoon for both walks, so I only walked part way. To me the Bondi route is more scenic. The route seems to offer more sweeping views of the ocean and coastline. In the evening the sunset is gorgeous and the ocean breeze intoxicating.

I also preferred the selection of shops and restaurants. I wasn't aware that Bondi was an infamous beach. I was there in early May and did not find the beaches overly crowded. I had a memorable time. Based on the other reviews I would suggest visitors keep in mind the time of year they are visiting. Bondi may not be the best beach/coastal walk, but it is definitely an enjoyable one. I will visit again.