“Great atmosphere and delicious food”

Home Thai Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 5,854 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
London, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and delicious food”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very convenient for my hotel (the Adina Apartment Hotel), I ate quite late, so was able to walk straight in but noticed queues out of the door the following evening, so it's obviously a popular place! Quick service and a delicious Tom Kha Gai soup followed by Beef Massaman curry and a Chang to wash it down - Great stuff!

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Value for top-class thai food!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was recommended to myself and a friend whilst on a trip to Sydney by a barista in our hotel. Food was fresh, delicious and very cheap by Sydney standards (we shared a pad thai for $16, a Larb chicken salad and a thai soup: all were beautiful!). We went to far more expensive restaurants our first 3 nights and this one was by far the best. You do have to queue but it usually moves very swiftly, will definitely be back next time I'm in Sydney!

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Flavour sensation”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been to Home Thai for lunch and dinner on multiple occasions since it opened.
Depending on the time you get Home, will depend on whether or not you need to wait for a table as it is premium seating... make sure you put your name on the list and take your number!
We have never had to wait for long, and the staff have been very polite and attentive.
Lots of help to make your decisions easier as well.
There are plenty of choices and the food is FRESH and HOT - both in temperature and in chilli intensity (the more spice you can handle the better). Don't worry, you can ask them to tone it down, but, still be wary as even then there are sometimes lingering after-shocks on your taste-buds.
This is definitely my pick for city Thai food.
I only wish there was one closer to home as I am sure I would be a regular.
Haven't been disappointed in any of my visits so far. Out-of-towners and locals have all loved it.

• Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Authentic Thai food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Authentic Thai food with a very reasonable prices. Just the place is too cramped and tables too small to fit your plates.

Visited August 2013
Saudi Arabia
“Great food and service but was amazed at the $30 limit on credit /debit card.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My bill came to $23 as I was alone and was told they had a $30 limit so I had to pay that amount!!!!

• Visited August 2013