“Desert train, yum!!”

Ranked #6 of 72 Bakeries in Sydney
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just like a sushi train but with deserts!! There just wasn't enough variety though, about 5 different deserts (but lots of each one) just going around and around, more variety would have been better.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I always enjoy coming to this quirky, fun shop to buy my monthly 'dose' of macaroons - I can never go past the butter popcorn and the salted butter caramel ones...sublime and 100% better than the new offerings from Macca's. Its fun to view the other cakes - complex, interesting and subtle flavours. Definitely have the wow factor for those special dinner parties. Adriano really does deserve his 'dark lord of pastry' moniker! I cant comment on the dessert train but it does seem overrated and is always so crowded when I've been there. Also the staff are a trifle snooty and disinterested but I don't let that deter me - I'm too addicted to Adriano's cakes to care!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

When are you chefs going to realise that all the truly fantastic works of art that you create are all undone by some non-caring & non-attentive frontline staff.
I was at the Pyrmont store on Thursday 21st March with a friend, it had gone 8 minutes past the opening time of the store and the guy opening the doors could see there were 3 customers standing there waiting and he just casually went on with his discussion with another staff member, when we finally got in my friend asked him if he could purchase the chocolate bunnies that were in the glass cabinets, he was told "haven't got any & don't know if we're going to get anymore and before we could ask he turned his back and walked away.
Oh well you they missed out on a $150 sale.
We've been there many times and have spent a lot of money on these tasty delights but will not return.

1  Thank Mark A
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Great fun. Very Wonka-esque. Macaroons a stand out. Hot chocolate leaves you with a huge sugar rush. Perfect for any age.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This colourfull, full of fun patissiery lived up to the expectations of a BIG desert lover, not only in the yummy cakes and pastries as well as the maccaroons, but in its playfull atmosphere. Just loved it.
Had to wait awhile to get in, but it was worth the wait!
Would have liked a few more varieties of plated deserts, probably would have stayed longer, if there was more, but what I tasted was fantastic. Thankyou !