“Waste of time”

Verde Restaurant + Bar
Ranked #868 of 5,833 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Waste of time”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Food sucks...
Service sucks...
Owner is a moron...

Oh most importantly... the food is not good at all.

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
“Don't bother. Few hats and they no longer care.”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice looking decor. Forgot half our (contorni and desserts) menu, food not particularly interesting and bland. Manager totally disinterested, no apology, took the items off and not even a word walked off. Pathetic. Check our his ridiculous red suspenders lol.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Faircommentsmate
Sydney
“Don't bother if you're not a 'regular'”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My partner booked a table weeks and weeks ago for Valentines Dinner. It was a surprise and we really dont tend to go out much due to work and family commitments. We arrived and was offered a table at the end of another groups (group of four) table, was a little confused as my partner was advised when we booked that we were the first booking for that special date and we would get a 'good' table in the restaurant. We asked the waiter to confirm if this was our correct table, she advised that the good tables were only (no matter how early we booked) reserved for regulars only. She actually said that out loud and we all heard (including our other new dinner dates). We sat in surprise and said hello to our fellow diners at our table....who were also shocked. Ordered two entrees, calamari -a small amount of rubbery fried stuff arrived. The bread, our other entree was chewy, almost stale like.
Mains, we ordered the risotto; I guess it was ok if you like your risotto watery and with excessive amounts of parsley. And resembled jasmine rice more so. My partner ordered the slow roasted pork pasta. Meat was cooked nice but the dish had no flavour.
Service was probably the worst part, we drive 120 mins (after reading reviews we thought it was worth it plus it was Valentines day) and was treated like homeless people. We were the only ones in the place with no olive dish served on arrival. Our water glasses sat empty until I asked for some water and poured it myself....all the regulars had theirs poured. We were not asked for any further drinks. And to top it off we were the only people in this dark joint with their candle not lit....we couldn't even read the menu!!!
Overall I wouldn't bother unless you live next door, are not fussed about flavour and are happy to flash your money around for no good reason.
The pub across the road would have been more romantic than this place....thanks for ruining our Valentines night.
Pricey and rude.

4 Thank Gentlebubba
Winterthur, Switzerland
“Good food - service subpar”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

My third visit to this restaurant. Food was again excellent, nice blend of Italian and Oz style. However, service was clearly subpar and substandard, as I did not qualify as friend of staff. Friends got olives on the table as soon as they got the menu. Friends were informed about the today's special, I was brushed off "not on Fridays". Friends got refills on glasses of wine (not that I would expect this, but it's frustrating if you're the only one left out).

Visited February 2014
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

What a great place to ear, great device, well priced, lovely food.

Living only a couple of minutes from Verde makes it a great place for dinner with my wife.

Take the time to try it