“amazing”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Description: Artisan Gelato Store Locations -Darlinghurst Shop 1/241 Victoria St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010Surry Hills389 Crown St, Surry Hills NSW 2010The Star Casino Cafe Court, Level G, 80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009
Sydney, Australia
“amazing”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Their icecream is the best I have had outside of europe! I went to the Surrey hills shop, from the outside it doesn't look great, but when you go inside there are barrels of icecream in the glass chiller. There are the standard flavours but also some new and exciting ones too! They also do sorbets which are great for the aussie summer!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, UK
“The best ice cream I've ever tasted”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've lived in Italy for a year, and traveled over most of Europe, so I had to think hard as to whether this was the best....

Yes, it is.

And it doesn't stop there. It's cheaper than most of the others! 2 scoops at Gelatissmo will cost you $6.80 - Messina will charge you $6. A single scoop is $4. It's outrageous value for the quality, which is why there is a good 5-10min queue at each store, every time I've been.

If you're only here for one visit, have the signature Salted Caramel with White Chocolate flavour, and then one or two from the specials board. Note these are not just flavours within the ice cream... I had, I think, a Rum Baba-themed flavour, and found decent chunks of rum baba mixed through.

Australia
“Best gelato I've ever had!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were waiting to go to the theatre and really just had gelato to kill time. But it was absolutely the best gelato we've ever eaten. There is an amazing variety there would have to be a flavours to suit everyone and the serves are generous.. I had the caramel yoghurt flavour - yum! I live 1.5 hours from this shop but have considered taking the drive just to eat gelato!

• Visited September 2013
Hurstville, Australia
“For that special event”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We ordered a cake for mum's birthday. Pick up was smooth, we arrived earlier than notified time but the cake is ready. Love the online ordering and payment system. We would gladly order again for another event. My only suggestion would be on the packaging. Compare with similar retailers overseas eg Japan, Messina should provide ice bags to prevent melting instead of leaving it to the customer to figure out.

Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Hands down best gelato”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

They recently opened up at Bondi Beach, I am having to stop myself from having it everyday.
I usually just get the same 3 flavours because I never know what to get as there are so many flavours to choose from and I don't want to hold up the extremely long queues. Then I discovered the specials board the other night, YUM!!! Every flavour I've tried is amazing, soft, creamy and full of flavour takes me back to Italy!!!