“Sets the standard!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Description: Artisan Gelato Store Locations -Darlinghurst Shop 1/241 Victoria St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010Surry Hills389 Crown St, Surry Hills NSW 2010The Star Casino Cafe Court, Level G, 80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009
London, United Kingdom
“Sets the standard!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I pretty much used TripAdvisor to get a rough idea of places to check out on my holiday to Aussie and this place kept appearing at the top of my search results... My attention was caught. I have never had gelato before but made the special journey to locate this place and track down their gelato as I don't think I have read one bad review on it! I was not disappointed. I went for Pistachio, Bounty and another flavour I can no longer remember.
The gelato was so thick and creamy and the flavours were tremendously intense - I loved it. The service was quick and the assistant was very polite which made me love the place even more!
One minor compliant? There was a huge piece of white chocolate in my Bounty gelato... Bit random but I am not a fan of white chocolate and so this bothered me slightly ;)
I visited two other gelato places since, in Australia and it didn't come close to this place. Would I recommend this place too? Oh God, yes!

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vbackpacker
“Best Gelato you'll ever have - Be prepared to Queue, it's worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

It's mid winter right and even when it's frezzing cold it's like queueing at a bar on a Saturday night - the Gelato is that good. Try the bounty, or any of the specials they have on.

• Visited July 2013
“Dreamy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This place is absolutely fantastic! The flavours are dreamy and they have a specials board filled with all sorts of amazing little delights each and every week. You'll never look back!

• Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Definitely worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Whether you go to the one in Darlinghurst or Surry Hills, the wait is always worth it. There's nothing better than a scoop or two of Gelato Messina after a meal or as a late night snack, especially in summer.

I love the 'special' flavours that changes on a daily basis, depending on what has taken the gelatiers fancy. But you can always count on the signature flavours, like the salted caramel with white chocolate, when the specials don't tickle your fancy.

I love their gelato so much I even eat it in the middle of winter, with the added upside of less crazy crowds.

• Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“I have dreams about the ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Recommended the amazing little cakes from the laboratory... My birthday present to myself last year! Haven't tried a single thing that didn't make my mouth water. The biggest challenge is always choosing just a few flavors from the amazing range. Excellent all round!

• Visited June 2013