“Best food for a while”

Bitton
Ranked #275 of 6,058 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bitton in an iconic French-inspired cafe, bistro and functions room.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Bitton is open for dinner some nights of the week despite earlier reviews. Well, I have a real weakness for peppered beef and Bitton serves it as Eye Fillet with Red Wine Sauce and Pomme Frites - really superb. We dined with a friend and the oysters and salmon mousse we had for entrée were tops, really good oysters!! The others had a seafood risotto as a main that they loved. And for dessert Lemon tart - lots of other choices but I am addicted... Best food I have had for a long time. The wine was good too and reasonable (given that it is not BYO). Service was good without being top class but they were busy. Prices were reasonable. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This little restaurant has a very quaint feel to it. I booked a table for 6 people on a Friday night and by about 7.30-8, it was absolutely heaving. It took some time for the waiter to bring us water (about 45 minutes?!) or ask whether we wanted some bread for the table which was a bit disappointing. However, the manager (owner?) was incredibly friendly and very complimentary of us ladies! We had a variety of dishes on the table - gnocchi with quail, the salmon and the moussaka. All the plates were clean at the end so there were absolutely no complaints on that front! The food really was delicious and the wine suggestions with the dishes are really worth taking on board. We ordered a couple of desserts (the chocolate fondant which looked and smelled absolutely amazing!) and then we were treated to some free mini creme brulee desserts from the chef - they were delicious and a great way to finish off the meal.

The food here is great, but I think the service could be improved (although it was a Friday night and totally understandable that they would be busy)... some of the breakfasts here look amazing so I think I'll have to visit again!

Thanks Bitton!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Bring out my family to this lovely place. Food excellent, Place is fantastic. and the Service is absolute top notch. Very friendly staff. Recommended 100%

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have driven past Bitton several times and today my wife and I decided to have morning tea there, we ordered 1 latte, 1 skinny cappacino, 1 lemon tarte slice and a chocolate slice Cost $31.00. Coffee great !! tarts crap, it is ashame that Bitton cannot get a decsent rating for such simple eats. NOT even double bay patisseries charge prices like that. It appaers typical french atitude rude and arrogant....WE WON'T BE BACK.. and will tell our friends .

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

great food and menu! service was a little shabby. they forgot to bring out drinks. but was still amazing