“Great understated and classy restaurant - fantastic for Vegetarians” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bridge Room

The Bridge Room
Ranked #111 of 5,822 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Sydney
“Great understated and classy restaurant - fantastic for Vegetarians”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went to the Bridge Room for my wife's birthday recently. Picked it solely for the dedicated vego menu as she is vegetarian and after a while the mushroom risotto gets a bit boring. lovely danish decor, quite an intimate setting and wonderful selection of food. The cheese platter was a real standout. Recommended.

It doesn't have the bluster/ view of a typical sydney restaurant but I quite liked that...focussing instead of great food and servce.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank marckietan

Sydney
“Thoroughly enjoyable lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife, myself and a dear friend went to The Bridge Room for lunch. We live in the city so we strolled to the restaurant. My wife had been before and had praised the quality and presentation of the dishes, and 'knows her stuff' in these matters as a 'food professional' of 30 years standing. The Bridge room has a friendly bustling city atmosphere, and given its downtown CBD street corner location (no views) has to stand on its Chef's skills and quality and presentation of its dishes. We've eaten at Sydneys top restaurants over the last three decades and happily enjoyed this very pleasant lunch. The wait staff were efficient & discreet. The wine list offerred a good variety of excellent Australian & International wines, and all of our selected dishes from entree through mains to desert were absolutely delightful, flavoursome and beautifully presented.
We were seated in the middle of the room with other diners to either side and the bustle and sound level was noticeable but not a problem, & befitting a busy dining room in this setting. We each enjoyed entree, main and desert.. All drew approving comments and little 'shares' among us. Glasses of Champagne to start and two pleasant Italian Soave's as accompaniment to our variety of dishes across the well balanced menu all contributed to a 'thoroughly enjoyable lunch'. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here with a work colleague. Each course was well presented and full of flavour. The only negative was that the volume of the voices from other patrons echoed making it extremely difficult to hear our server and each other. Would recommend to those wanting modern Australian fare.

Sydney, Australia
“Where do the reviews come from?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

On my wife’s birthday we went on a Saturday night for dinner at a late sitting.
This is a two hat restaurant so let’s put the bar at the right level. I have read through the most recent reviews and only can imagine that we are talking of two different restaurants. I have been known for controversial reviews before so I am not afraid of giving my personal experiences honestly.
Whilst the food was good it is not outstanding. The scallops were nice, as was the duck.
As people have pointed out the place is not large. It is very noisy with appalling acoustics. I could not hear my wife half of the night due to noise. Tables are set on top of each other. Not a place for a romantic meal.
Service was well under expected standard. One small piece of bread and not an offer of any more, our plates were quickly whisked away. At one point I had an empty water glass for 20 minutes before it was filled up. There were lots of staff around but none seemed to be serving or taking any initiative if it was not their table. It is worth noting the table beside us (30cms away, we had to move our table when the lady left as there was not enough room for her to squeeze between the tables) served their own wine from the bottle due to poor service.
Let’s get onto the wine. I ordered an expensive red which needed decantering. The wine waiter poured the whole bottle, sediment and all into the decanter and then properly served it up. Result was that I had masses of sediment in my glass. Normally I would have sent the lot back but it was my wife’s birthday and I did not want to detract from our night by creating a scene. I asked for a clean glass several times. Like my water glass, my wine glass was empty most of the night. I did make a comment to the wine waiter once on how appalled I was but we did not see him again for the rest of the night after making the comment.
Compared to the other two hat restaurants nearby, Aria and Rockpool would see this place into the ground for service and food. For value, view and atmosphere even consider the Park Hyatt or Café Sydney. They have no hats.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small, but very good...!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had a business lunch at The Bridge room and I was very impressed with the quality of food and attentiveness of the staff

The menu is priced correctly for such a restaurant and presentation is simply faultless

My main course was the ocean trout, which was tasty and well thought

Definitely better than some other restaurant with black hats in Sydney

• Visited November 2013