“You Actually Get What You Pay For!”
Review of The Bridge Room

The Bridge Room
Ranked #109 of 5,997 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My colleagues and I try a new restaurant each quarter when we visit Sydney on business. The Bridge Room is one of the very best restaurants in Sydney and we have visited many. I had the Prawn Entree and Lamb main since I am on a low carb diet and both were amazing. Creative, delicious and satisfying. The Prawns had just enough bite with a black bean and chili sauce and the salad that accompanies it on the plate was a perfect pairing. The lamb chops were served medium rare and off the bone. The meat of the best cut, or bottom three ribs, was succulent and well seasoned. One of the best lamb dishes ever. My colleagues were equally delighted with their dishes which included a John Dory and the Wagu steak main. But the best thing on the menu as far as I was concerned was the desert that my colleagues allowed me to taste: the Burnt caramel cream, candied Peckham pear salad, pistachio crumb, mint, purple basil and raisin concoction sounds strange but was the product of pure genius. Mortgage the house, sell the car, do whatever it takes to give this place a try and for heaven's sake, try the desert. The Bridge Room is very pricey but in this case you get something that you cannot get anywhere else. It is now my favorite high end restaurant in Sydney and I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Paladin47
There are newer reviews for The Bridge Room

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Absolutely amazing food with an exceptional attention to detail, but how many people can afford it and where is the venue "wow" factor?

Entree’s at around $28 - $32 (ouch) , mains at around $44, wines at the same price as Quay, (expensive), deserts at around $16 - $18. With wine, coffee and maybe a beer starter you easily rack up $150 per head and $200 a head is not out of the question for a full gastronomic experience.

Based on other reviews two of us had the Spanner Crab. Hmm, the crab still has an incredibly “subtle” flavour. Other entree’s were better. I had snapper main and it was the second best fish I have ever had. Portions were a pleasantly large. You do get a meal here.

The food is nothing short of excellent but at these prices you expect some “wow” factor in the venue itself, such as views, fantastic fit out, etc. It does have anything other than the food.

I think the restaurant will attract foodies with deep pockets. The risk is that those who can afford it will try it once or twice and then they will revert to something more affordable or something that has a “wow” factor.

If you can afford it, I would recommend you try it before it disappears along with so many other businesses as a result of the GFC, post GFC, SMEC, or however you want to describe our current poor economic situation.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Have been wantingr to try this place for a while so dinner with a friend here on Saturday night was a joy. From the warm welcome to the attentive yet relaxed service, we couldn't have been happier. We chose to go for 4 entrees anticipating dessert as always!
Spanner crab was to die for and the king prawns with pork lardo, amazing. I think the food is good value for the work that goes into it and the sides are very good at $10 each. My friend had the scallops and the special of robata grilled calamari. We had a couple of mojitos and several wines by the glass chosen by the sommelier to go with our choices. The bill was $220 which I thought reasonable for this standard of restaurant.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Firstly this restaurant is not in Chinatown. It’s in the North Easter part of the CBD. I took my wife there for a nice night out in Sydney. We try to eat in some of Australia’s top restaurants whenever we are in Sydney or Melbourne and I must admit I was a bit unsure about The Bridge Room.
I guess what put me off the was the decor on the website, however at night, with a full house you hardly notice it. We were seated promptly in a nice location and then quickly fussed over by very professional staff.
The Sommelier sorted a perfect wine once we decided on our food. We decide to share our mains being mixed oysters and then some called Comte custard, pomegranate molasses, San Daniele prosciutto.... We were a tad unsure about ordering custard for an Entree but I have to say that after all our years of fine dining eating in some of the best restaurants in the world that this dish was the 2nd best entree, meal ( call it what you like), that I have ever had. It was so good that I nearly had it again for desert, in fact a week later I wish I had.
It is one of those dishes that cannot be described purely because it is so complex, yet simple and unlike anything you have ever had. My only regret is that we shared it!!!
The rest of the meal was also fantastic and the Sommelier served a delicious desert wince to finish it off.
Can’t wait until our next visit!!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Lunched with friends who all thoroughly enjoyed the food & wine. Waiter was very knowledgable of both. Wine a bit pricey.