“Oyster entree is very nice”
Review of Black Bar & Grill

Black Bar & Grill
Ranked #143 of 5,894 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: BLACK Bar & Grill's menu presents the finest steakhouse cuisine inspired by contemporary Australia and its seasonal produce.With stylish décor and stunning views of the Sydney harbour and the city backdrops, you'll enjoy an entirely novel dining experience. The menu showcases the best Australian produce with innovative flavour combinations, including a wide variety of seafood and an emphasis on fresh, seasonal ingredients. The wine list is very extensive, indicative of a true contemporary steakhouse, complementing the menu perfectly. A completely separate bar welcomes guests in with comfortable seating, creative cocktails and a delicious bar menu should you choose to graze over some snacks.
“Oyster entree is very nice”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

it was long time ago, but still I remember the taste of the food I ate there.
The bread is very nice.
The drinks, girls will love them. (because feel like fat-free, I mean healthy, fresh squeezed :P )
The entree we ordered several, but I remember the oysters, they are very fresh!!
The main dish I can't really remember, but as long as I know, they are not bad, otherwise, I will give very strict review.
The service and atmosphere are very friendly and decent.
I would like to go there again.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Meat but no sauce or vege?”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have been to Black a few times before with their previous menus. Last Friday we went for dinner and the menu was slightly different again. We wanted the lamb cutlets and were assured they were the same as last time but now listed in the meat section of the menu. The 4 cutlets arrived on a plate for $40 on their own. No garnish, no sides. The sauce we ordered with it came separately. So we order chips to help fill us up. The bill came: $10 for chips, $7 for my sauce, $4 for the other sauce. Not good value for money, we were not full at all! The seafood chowder for entree was a small deconstructed thin soup nothing like anyone envisions a "chowder" which the Americans do so well. Very disappointed with the meal totalling $180.00. The flavours are beautiful but if you pay big $$ you expect a full plate.

• Visited July 2013
Noosa, Australia
“A Fine Night Out”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I celebrated my wife's Birthday at Black by Ezard. It was a delight - the food, location and ambiance were all first class. We had a small hiccup with the wine late to the table but other than that it was a great experience. The flagship chocolate dessert was exceptional.

Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous setting for an intimate event”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went here for a friends 30th birthday and were treated like celebraties. The private room was gorgeous, Scott our exclusive waiter was attentive, and the food was to die for.
The cost was incredibly reasonable for such an event, and there were lots of unexpected inclusions (sparkling water, sides, bottle of champagne!)

Sheffield, Australia
“Top Notch Experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. Service was wonderful, steak was great. Pre theatre menu good value and we were certainly more than full. Chocolate desert one of the best ever and very theatrical.