I felt the need to write a review as the good I really good and the bad, well it needs to be mentioned....
The good: Beautiful Hotel, great location to the Casino and Darling Harbour. WE got an upgrade to the adored due to our situation which was lovely, we even got a devine fruit platter delivered. The adored suite is simply stunning. Interesting that the mini bar has a 30 second rule if you hold it for 30 seconds you pay for it rule and its monitored electronically. Quite funny really.
The not so good
1. The mini bar has no prices, so we found out later a msall box of choccys cost a $16
2.The light switches have a blue light on them after trning off, so in the night these bright blue lights catch your eye and really annoyed me and made sleeping hard.
3. The walls have a cracking sound not sure if was the air con or the lights cooling down or god knows what but as you try to sleep, its like a dripping tap but worse:(
4. The worst was that at midnight we had a butler come into our room as we were sleeping through our lounge and ito our bedroom, turning on all the lights saying" Pillows, did you want pillows" I advised I was asleep and no I did not need pillows, so this ruined my night sleep and annoyed me grately. (We got our room service bill of $140 waived due to this) which was very nice.
5.We were in a smoking room, but there are no windows or balcony and it makes it very stuffy, we don't normally smoke inside or very much generally so this was a bit yuk really.... our fault I guess being smokers.
Overall it was a very nice place and the fact that they are happy to deal with issues and compensate was nice.
We would stay there again as it was just heaven :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Darling is located at The Star Sydney and is a key feature of Sydney’s leading entertainment destination. The hotel was designed as a stand-alone structure, with its own arrival experience, amenities and alluring personality. Housed in a distinctive inverted glass tower resting on a sandstone podium, the hotel features 171 stylish and spacious rooms, suites and penthouses, a 25-metre outdoor heated swimming pool, world-class cuisine and an indulgent day spa. The Darling is honoured to be the first Sydney hotel to be awarded a prestigious Forbes Five-Star rating. A Forbes Travel Guide Star Rating is the most coveted award in the global luxury travel sector. Properties awarded Five-Stars are considered outstanding and are often iconic with virtually flawless service and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Darling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.