“Great Experience!”
Review of Opal Minded

Opal Minded
Ranked #4 of 156 Shopping in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Opal Minded is the only opal store in Sydney that mines its own opals. Established in 1989, it is conveniently located in The Rocks, just steps away from the Sydney Opera House. Uncompromising multilingual assistance. Australian opals unset and in pret-a-porter classical and contemporary designs. Duty free prices.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stopped by several other opal stores in Sydney and was not impressed....Until I found Opal Minded! The staff was amazing, and the selection was to die for! If you are in the Rocks, you must stop by!

9  Thank ouerni
There are newer reviews for Opal Minded

Reviewed January 14, 2013

In September 2012 a friend and I visited Australia for 3 weeks and on our 2 stays in Sydney we headed to The Rocks area to Opal Minded hoping to buy some nice souvenirs, and we did! Cathy, our sales clerk, was one of the nicest people I've ever met. She was most helpful with our selection of opal pendants and necklaces, taking the time to explain the difference in cuts and settings. Although our purchases were NOT from the stunningly beautiful high-end price category available in the shop, Cathy made us feel very comfortable and welcomed. She also suggested a visit to Baroque, a french bistro just across the street, and we were so happy she did because we found the most delicious of treats: macarons! I highly recommend a stop at Opal Minded, and if you're lucky, Cathy will be there to greet you.

6  Thank BarbaraMomNana
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had wandered into several other opal stores in Sydney before we came across Opal Minded (which was next to our hotel!). My friend and I spent several hours over 2 days looking at the wide selection / prices of their pieces, and the sales associates were so patient and knowledgeable (since they mine their own opals). They helped us understand the different opals and what to look for in a good piece and what it should cost. They did not mind us looking and trying on pieces, even the ones out of our price range. We ended buying several pieces from them and I am very pleased with my purchases. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone who visits Sydney and looking for opals.

6  Thank Suzanne B
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My friends and I came across this place and fell in love with the pieces here. The prices are equal to the quality of opals but there is a good range of items/price points to choose from. We stopped by on the first day I was in Sydney and then came back at the end of the trip to buy. All 3 of us ended up getting earrings from them. The sales gal (Cathy) was great, patient, fun and so customer service oriented. We were all so happy that we came back and bought from her. Thanks Opal Minded!

7  Thank APharmar
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I visited this store with my wife, and we were impressed with the friendly approach of the staff with no high pressure selling. In particular Cathy who had a wealth of knowledge on opals, and took the time to understand my wife's particular likes and dislikes, and provided every assistance to her in choosing a ring.

7  Thank Stephen J