“Great food.... if you're willing to wait”
Review of Ms G's

Ms G's
Ranked #68 of 6,102 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City East
Description: Modern, decidedly Asian and unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before, that’s Ms.G’s. Enter through a door bathed in pink neon to find four floors of unexpected dining; including a graffiti wall, communal tables and even a veggie garden courtyard. Join Executive Chef, Dan Hong, and Head Chef, Paul Donnelly, as they invent dish after mouth-watering dish. Then, explore the upstairs bar and indulge in kooky cocktails, wine, beer and sake.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Love the menu the food is great. They have an upstairs bar which is good if you're there on a friday or sat night because there's no bookings so unless you get lucky, expect to wait min 30min. We waited over an hour for a table for 2 on a Friday.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good food but too small portion for the price I paid for. Music is too loud.and hard to hear friends talking. Love food and interior design.... modern Australian/Asian food.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I had been recommended this place by a work friend and as was my first time in Sydney had to give it a go. The place itself is loud, but not in a bad way, good atmosphere, but if you wanna have a intimate dinner and deep conversation this isn't the place for you.
Its not a flash place but has its own charm, especially in the bathrooms where the wall paper is newspaper and there are buckets as sinks.
Waitress was really informative about the food yet relaxed and friendly. The portions aren't huge, the waitress said it is more of a tapas kind of place so that would explain, but thought maybe the prices would be slightly lower than what they were.
We had the sliders to start, yum! My girlfriend ordered the lamb ribs which i wasn't keen on until she made me try them, wow! They were pretty good, coated in this crunchy slightly sticky coating but really tender meat. I had the lettuce cups with lamb mince, really nice, a little too spicy for my liking and the more i ate the more i had to hold back to ask for a glass of milk. The taste was nice apart minus the heat. We both ordered the Stoners Delight for dessert, one of each kind, I had the one with peanut butter and crisps, i requested to leave the candied bacon out (i couldn't get my mind around this and i rarely eat pork). I preferred hers to mine, she had some powder which was so nice, mine was nice but again i couldn't eat the crisps in conjunction with ice cream, a little too weriod for me, nice but not as amazing as i had previously heard.
Throughout our meal we both were sipping on packet 'good morning Vietnam' cocktails they were so yummy again though a little more than i would have expected to pay.
In conclusion if you want to go somewhere a little different, you love meat with an Asian twist (not much for vegos to eat) then i would defiantly recommend this place to check out at least once and see what a lot of people are fussing over.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This ended up being good meal but overall Ms G's was a little too cool for itself, and it was big hipster scene. The restaurant was really crowded, and we had an hour wait for our table, which we expected, but the upstairs bar area was packed bar service took forever. The packaged drinks were weird, the concept better than actual drink. When we finally got our table, it was teeny tiny and with 2 stools, jammed into the front corner of the first floor, I had a view of boxes for dinner and the smokers outside.
Luckily the food proved to be good. Mini banh mi sandwiches were delicious, we had one each pork and one chicken. The bbq octopus with crispy pork noodle salad was really unique and got our appetites going. Most unusual dish was the egg noodles XO sauce, braised duck and poached egg, never had anything like it, ended up being our favorite dish. Barrumundi was also very nice and spicy, a little over cooked. Dessert was interesting, had the lemon tart; the curd and streusel part was yummy but lemon granita did not work at all, took cold for the dish and not something you want on a rainy winter evening.
Although the food was excellent I would not go back because of the craziness of the restaurant, long, uncomfortable wait for a table, and the actually seating itself.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

People come here to be seen, not for the food. They like to think of the menu as fission - corn on the cob with grated Parmesan $18 I'd just an example. It's meant to be a kind of tapas menue where you share. I went with some friends for my birthday and was bitterly disappointed. The restaurant is noisy, overpriced and the service is average. The cocktails aren't brilliant either. I expected so much more from this restaurant as it is part of the Merivale group, but alas did not live up to expectations.

3  Thank SueGS