“Beautiful vegetarian food”

Ranked #582 of 6,068 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner South
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We arrived with no booking but they were accommodating in giving us a table and this was on a Wednesday night! We will be sure to book next time. This is a cosy restaurant and the food is just simply beautiful. Fantastic variety of food and the salad with crispy tofu was just heavenly - I could have just eaten that all night. The cost is a little high for vegetarian but it was delicious. I am looking forward to going back.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Friends recommended this place and we were not disappointed. Great variety of wholesome food - heavily skewed towards pulses, beans and tofu. Salads and starter dumplings were great - perhaps too sweet on some of the dressings but this was a minor thing.

Yummy soy cheesecakes - they run out so the clever one on our table pre booked the desserts! A bit obsessive but our party of 6 were glad they did in the end.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

OK

Just in case you did not get that ; I absolutely LOVE it :)

It is a little on the expensive side for vegetarian fare true, but the taste, fusion and quality is definitely worth the money.

On the downside; service can be a bit slow at night when they are busy. Bookings essential at night but fine during the day. Also it is in a hideous location on the rundown section of Redfern and Surrey Hills. People may call the location fashionable, but to me it is just dingy, depressing and rundown. I hate Central Station at the best of times. But willing to brave it and the ten minute walk up to eat there. There are also buses along the route.

However, please do NOT let the location put you off, as it really is fantastic unbelievably delicious food.

I eat a lot of vegetarian food and this place is the BEST I have ever tried.

Even your average meat eater should love it. They also do takeaway. And oh yes, the restaurant is certainly quirky. There is a bottle shop next door in the pub if you want to BYO.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

As an unashamed omnivore I went to The Nourishing Quarter with a healthy degree of trepidation, even threatening to go and buy a kebab afterwards if I hated it! I needn't have worried, the food is divine.

What first strikes you is the quirky decor; latin american decor mixed inexplicably with chintsy porcelain and portraits of the Queen.

Service was friendly and helpful, they know absolutely everything there is to know about their food.

Food is really flavoursome and filling; of particular note were the rice paper rolls (try them all), the veggie pie, the curry and the extraordinarily nice desserts which you would NEVER believe were dairy free (but they were). It's BYO, so BYO.

It's small and it's popular, so advanced booking is essential.

We had an immensely fun evening. The veggie and vegan that I went with were pleased that the omnivore didn't need her threatened kebab afterwards.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

IMHO this is the second best vegetarian restaurant in Sydney,

best being the Harvest in Balmain/Rozzelle region.

I have been to this place quite a few times now as the food is lovely and the prices are affordable. The ambience is unique and charming. There are old pictures and furniture scattered around and the staff are multitasking all the time. So you are served by the same people who are cooking your dish (sometimes).

It is a small restaurant and quite popular so I will advice booking in advance. They take two sitting with the first one from 1800 to 2000 and second one from 2030 till late. So make sure you book accordingly. There are about 12 - 15 places at the back in open. Rest of the seating is in the front room.

They also have a good selection of drinks. Fruit juices etc. Its BYO only so take your own beer or wine or just have a nice healthy drink there with your lovely healthy vegetarian food.