“Delicious sushi close to circular quay and the Rocks”
Review of Sushi on Stanley

Sushi on Stanley
Ranked #586 of 6,058 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We needed a dinner place on a Sunday and we were craving sushi. This place delivered with fresh, tasty, and very affordable sushi. I had the udon bowl which was a lot of fun to eat (huge, wooden spoons the size Shrek would use!). Would recommend it to anyone!

1  Thank Royrisen

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I worked in Darlinghurst for 3 months and I visited Sushi on Stanely at least once a week - often more - for takeaway or to occasionally eat in for a quick meal. The food is delicious, very fresh and cheap - very fresh salmon and avocado rolls for $5! The service was quick and I also felt perfectly comfortable eating in by myself. I often had the table nearest to the entrance so could watch the world go by.

I have now returned to the UK but I have many fond memories of Sushi on Stanley and miss the place! Lucky people of Darlinghurst :-)

2  Thank Milly92
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

This place does not look fancy but it is very popular among locals and we found out why. The service is quick, the food is really good and the prices are low. The place has won several awards for its value for money food. We ended up eating lunch there three times during our stay in sydney!

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the less posh exterior, this is a really nice place. The food is just great and the prices are very very good. It is not a place for a long and extravagant dinner but if you want good and solid Japanese food and good sushi at good prices this is a must visit.

Stanley is a very nice street with many good restaurants and bars so after having eaten lots of sushi - why not hit one of the bars.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

You're not coming here for a wine and dine experience, it's all about the food. Gets pretty busy during the week but if you go on the weekend you can normally get a table. The Prawn Tempura sushi is to die for but for non fish lovers, they also have good Chicken Sushi too. This is a great place to grab a cheap lunch or just stop off on your way into the city. Love this place as work nearby and don't go a week without visiting :)