“Staff great - fab time!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #289 of 5,822 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: American, Bar, Australian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Sydney, Australia
“Staff great - fab time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

A few weeks ago I took my sister and her kids, who were on holiday from Melbourne, to Hard Rock.

Although we had to wait a strangely long time for a table, we eventually sat in a booth with a fantastic view.
A man with LOTS of badges on his shirt told us he was the waiter at our table [Tom or Tim i think?] and that he was only new and training - so to be extra kind! He was quite funny and FABULOUS with the kids.

He got them colouring books and crayons...chatted with them and was making jokes all lunch. He was with an American girl who kept helping him. If he was only new - keep him forever! He was great!
He even got my nieces Hard Rock Cafe balloons before we left and they couldn't stop talking about the balloons all the way home on the monorail.

Food was good - cocktails even better! The margaritas were fab and I will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Robyn,

Thank you so much for your great review. I'm delighted to hear that our staff were helpfull and friendly especially Tom. I will pass on your kind words to him. He will be delighted.

Its great to hear that you will be back, hopefully real soon so that we can provide you with some more great food and of course amazing cocktails.

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
West Mids
“Nice meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had a lovely meal at the hard rock cafe, food was lovely, good prices and portion sizes too! We sat outside and service was good, didn't have to wait long at all for our food, also deserts are great!

• Visited December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send me your review. I'm so happy that you had a really enjoyable experience on your recent visit to the cafe.
I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff and hopefully the next time your in Sydney you will drop in.

Warwick, United Kingdom
“Great View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for a quick drink on our way back and decided to sit on the balcony. Wow, what a view! Darling Harbour at night is an incredible sight and the Hard Rock Cafe is the perfect place to take it all in from.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the fantastic views from the cafe, hopefully the next time your in Darling Harbour you will call in and enjoy some great food and drink.

Auckland
“Average Food, Average Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Merely average. I was delivered my drink in a kiddies cup - quickly rectified by the waitress but the bar staff who delivered it couldn't seem to grasp the mistake. Next they tried to deliver 2 meals to us that hadn't been ordered. Again apologies given by our waitress - someone else had appeared with the wrong meals. The burger my brother got was highly recommended by the waitress but he wasn't impressed with it. My chicken club sandwich was ok but that's all. Only my nephew's kiddy meal was well received. None of our group of 6 finished their meals, and 2 were berated for ordering a plain burger as they could 'get that anywhere'. Not a great sales strategy.

Meals were expensive, average and service was lacking despite some effort by our waitress. Oh and trying to get the tap in the ladies room to work took several minutes of trying - very odd set up and had to help the next person figure it out. Would have to wonder how many give up and don't wash their hands before returning to their table. All in all a disappointing experience and wouldn't bother again. Much better options for less or similar cost all around this area.

SydneyAGM, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience here at Hard Rock Cafe Sydney.

I am sorry to hear there were so many negative issues relating to the food & service. We strive to deliver authentic experiences that rock through amazing food, drink, music, merchandise and service as you would expect from any Hard Rock Cafe. It is clear that we did not deliver in all areas upon your visit.

I will send you a direct message as I would like to obtain further information and details, this way I can take the steps necessary to ensure this type of experience is never repeated.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Dave Ryan
Assistant General Manager
Sydney, Australia
“No Glass for water,No Cutlery for steak,Half Menu is not available,A Joke?!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Travel around the world for business a lot, always like to visit Hard Rock Cafe as the food and service standard are always have their levels, Had a business dinner on sun night, first our waitress told us there is no chicken no pork on the menu suggested us to order steak or burger,Its kind of disappointed as pulled pork sandwich is the reason I like to go to Hard Rock and its only 7pm! then half the beer list is not available either so we asked some water first and see which one we are going to order, after 15 mins we asked for water again and our waitress told us they dont have water glasses so have to wait and keep apologising,after a while our surf and turf arrived and this time we dont have any cutleries on the table,our waitress told us that she is going to find us some cutleries and it took about 10mins..so we enjoyed our $50 COLD surf and turf very much!!

Seriously this is not the Hard Rock cafe standard I visit often around the world, its the WORST by far and I have to say as a Sydneysider I felt very embarrassed that Sydney Hard Rock has to offer.Lift up your games managements otherwise I can see its leading the way to the end again as old Sydney Hard Rock.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SydneyAGM, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Alex,

First of all I would like to send you my sincere apologies for the negitive experience that you had on your recent visit to the cafe.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to send me your feedback, I do appreciate it.

I will send you a private message as I would like to further discuss the details of your visit so that I may investigate what occured and ensure it does not happen again.